jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Fluctuating profile score

1. galatea profile image59
    galateaposted 7 years ago

Hi everyone,

I'm fairly new - and kind of shy smile - so I haven't posted to the forum here until now, but plan on joining in a bit.

I was wondering - I noticed that for quite awhile my profile score was in the 80's but now all of a sudden it's down in the 60's. I've added a few hubs lately, but otherwise nothing much has changed. Does anyone have an idea of why this might be?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

1. profile image59
      PirateGirlposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You get more reads, comments etc by being part of the community but if its money you are after eventually you need traffic from outside of hubs, nice meeting you !

2. Paradise7 profile image86
      Paradise7posted 7 years ago in reply to this

I think they might be having some trouble with the statistics.  My profile did the same thing--dropped by quite a few points a few minutes ago.  I don't know why.  I just published a few hubs on Sunday to reach the Hub Challenge--30 hubs in 30 days,  then I just published another hub today, and I have noticed that publishing a hub drives your profile score down a bit at first.  Don't worry, it's not you.

Welcome to Hub Pages!!! cool

3. thranax profile image52
      thranaxposted 7 years ago in reply to this

-Says the person with a butt in there profile picture.

~thranax~

1. zadrobi profile image59
        zadrobiposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hahaha smile

2. galatea profile image59
        galateaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

LOL - that is a painting, one of my favorites - "Pygmalian and Galatea" by Jean Léon Gérôme.

4. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 7 years ago in reply to this

If you read the following, it will give you an idea of what HubPages takes into account when calculating your score, http://hubpages.com/faq/#hubscore

2. livelonger profile image89
    livelongerposted 7 years ago

It's normal. Don't fret about it at all.

It's most a measure of how much activity you're doing on the site (publishing new Hubs, answering requests, etc.) and how much traffic you're getting to your Hubs.

Be patient, keep publishing, and you should see it rise. smile

(You might also consider writing Hubs without links to that same link you're trying to promote - it looks a little spammy)

3. zadrobi profile image59
    zadrobiposted 7 years ago

My stats fell 8 points on the first day that my traffic stats became frozen. May or not may be your case.

4. galatea profile image59
    galateaposted 7 years ago

Thanks relache!

working