Current Topics

1. HrtsMakeFamilies profile image62
    HrtsMakeFamiliesposted 7 years ago

I was wondering I tend to write things that I know about.  But to drive your hub into the public eyes would it help to talk about the current events?

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 7 years ago

The downside of current events is... what do you do when they aren't current anymore?

I try for evergreen topics myself as they take much less upkeep over the long-term.  I like evergreen topics that periodically become current events best.

3. Lisa HW profile image81
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

I think the better way to get traffic (from outside HubPages) is to write a "how to" Hub, or at least one on something that a lot of people may be searching for.  It doesn't have to specifically be "how to" - but it has to help someone with something.  "Tips for.." are another good kind to write.   If not that kind, then sometimes one on a specific product or place can work out well.

I stay away from the latest "big thing" in the news because I don't want my Hub lost in the zillions of other things people write about the same thing.

If you write about something like, "my horrible day last Wednesday" it won't likely get very much traffic.

I have one that I only wrote because it was a request (now known as a "question" on HubPages).  It was about yellow fingernails and toenails.  I don't know why I even answered such a disgusting request.  I guess because I knew some answers.  It's one of my better Hubs traffic-wise.  roll   (Hardly my idea of my best writing.  smile).  I guess a lot of people must have yellow nails and be looking for how to whiten them up.  lol   The point is that the Hub addresses a very specific problem and offers some suggestions for trying to fix it.  (It does kind of bug me to see that particular, disgusting, Hub way at the top on "My Account".    lol  )