jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Writers Block

1. Bredavies profile image71
    Bredaviesposted 7 years ago

I vanished because of:

and WRITERS BLOCK!!!

2. 0
    ralwusposted 7 years ago

How? Write a good scary story, or a sexy one from your past.

3. Bredavies profile image71
    Bredaviesposted 7 years ago

hmm. That could work. thank you

4. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

I say, carry a little notebook with you when not in HP and write down any ideas that may prove to be good writing topics and listen to what others are saying or asking and write those too. Look at something n say, what, where, how, why and think if anybody else would like to know...Just some suggestions. wink College, depending on what you're taking, can literally have you sign your life away till graduation, lol wink

5. 0
    ralwusposted 7 years ago

We have missed your pretty face around here. So tell  us what life is like in your part of the globe. What makes you tick, have you purty toes and stuff like that. smile

6. RooBee profile image84
    RooBeeposted 7 years ago

School has been keeping me away, too - it can be very demanding!!
    Is there anything you're working on in any of your classes that you could write about? I'm hoping to translate some of my papers into hubs when I get a minute - if only to get back in the publishing groove.
    Good luck with school and hubbing alike!!

7. DanSmithAuthor profile image60
    DanSmithAuthorposted 7 years ago

Only way to beat writer's block is to write something. Anything. Keep going and something good will come out. Jack London once said 'You can't wait for inspiration, you have to go after it with a club.' Time to get out your club.

8. bgpappa profile image84
    bgpappaposted 7 years ago

I agree that you have to write, even if it is bad.  Work through.

But I also offer a bit of a difference.  Walk away from a while.  Don't think about it.  Set a timeframe, say I week without checking your stats, looking at the forum.  Read a book, watch televsion.

And when you come back, you will be refreshed.  I did this and I came back strong. 

Good luck and hang in there.

9. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

Sometimes what we think is writer's block is really just being too tired to muster up inspiration and energy to write.