jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

need help making the most out of all my hubs

1. fireatwill41 profile image61
    fireatwill41posted 7 years ago

Hi, I am fairly new to hubpages and have recently been nominated as a hubnugget however I am looking to take the hubs I have and make them the best they can be before I move on and do other hubs. I was wondering if anyone could give me general tips on how to improve hubs or give specific tips relating to my hubs. Any help is greatly appreciated smile

2. 0
    wordscribe41posted 7 years ago

Congrats on the nomination.  I'll give them a look when I get a chance.  BTW, like the "41" after your name.  smile

fireatwill41posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thank you smile. Haha I like yours as well smile

3. Appletreedeals profile image84
    Appletreedealsposted 7 years ago

very easy to help you out.
    just search this site for How to improve you hub, hubs.
    There are a lot written by very experienced hubbers with excellant info.

one caveat - check the ones from hubbers with at least 6 mths. experience first, they have "been there - done that"

4. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

Fireatwill, your Hubs are excellent - great start!

I notice in your "Blind Drawing" Hub, you say you'll be back to add exercises.  I suggest you don't - the Hub is already long enough.  Instead, write a second Hub and link to the first one. 

One tip:  if you're hoping to earn from your Hubs, have a short first text capsule, then move your first illustration/photo down next to your second text capsule. The top right-hand corner is the prime position for an Adsense ad so you should always try to allow space for it.  (I wish I could tell you how long the first text capsule needs to be to trigger the ad - I just play around and check the Preview until it works!).

fireatwill41posted 7 years ago in reply to this

I took your advice and moved things around in my hub Blind Contour Drawing so that that ad space was taken up. Thank you for your help big_smile.
      I think I am going to make a separate hub simply entitled Drawing Exercises and post all the new drawing exercises I learn. Again thank you for your help!
      Anyone else want to critique my hubs?