jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

need help making the most out of all my hubs

1. fireatwill41 profile image61
    fireatwill41posted 7 years ago

Hi, I am fairly new to hubpages and have recently been nominated as a hubnugget however I am looking to take the hubs I have and make them the best they can be before I move on and do other hubs. I was wondering if anyone could give me general tips on how to improve hubs or give specific tips relating to my hubs. Any help is greatly appreciated smile

2. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 7 years ago

Congrats on the nomination.  I'll give them a look when I get a chance.  BTW, like the "41" after your name.  smile

fireatwill41posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thank you smile. Haha I like yours as well smile

3. Appletreedeals profile image82
    Appletreedealsposted 7 years ago

very easy to help you out.
    just search this site for How to improve you hub, hubs.
    There are a lot written by very experienced hubbers with excellant info.

one caveat - check the ones from hubbers with at least 6 mths. experience first, they have "been there - done that"

4. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

Fireatwill, your Hubs are excellent - great start!

I notice in your "Blind Drawing" Hub, you say you'll be back to add exercises.  I suggest you don't - the Hub is already long enough.  Instead, write a second Hub and link to the first one. 

One tip:  if you're hoping to earn from your Hubs, have a short first text capsule, then move your first illustration/photo down next to your second text capsule. The top right-hand corner is the prime position for an Adsense ad so you should always try to allow space for it.  (I wish I could tell you how long the first text capsule needs to be to trigger the ad - I just play around and check the Preview until it works!).

fireatwill41posted 7 years ago in reply to this

I took your advice and moved things around in my hub Blind Contour Drawing so that that ad space was taken up. Thank you for your help big_smile.
      I think I am going to make a separate hub simply entitled Drawing Exercises and post all the new drawing exercises I learn. Again thank you for your help!
      Anyone else want to critique my hubs?

working