jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Need help with my Hub score?

1. Sandyspider profile image75
    Sandyspiderposted 7 years ago

Need help with my Hub score?

Since joining HubPages, my personal hub score has varied between 89 to 82. One day it will be close to 90 and a couple days later it will be in the low 80s. A hub that peaked around 90 could show up today at 56. I participate as much as I can with comments, thumbs up, becoming a fan and trying to make good hubs. What am I missing? How can the scores change so drastically?

2. L3B0 profile image73
    L3B0posted 7 years ago

I would say you doing everything right so far, try submit getting hold of an administrator or Official Hubpages supports. Your case is really strange but everything you said is was I would of said myself. Just keep doing what your doing and I hope it gets sorted out soon. smile

3. Patty Inglish, MS profile image94
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 7 years ago

A lot of variables combine to make up these hub scores, but the biggest thing I found was that once I began to publish at least one new hub almost every day - at least 5 or 6 a week- then my hub score and my author score both rose steadily.

Another phenomenon I found early is that the hubs in my collection will never all be 100 at once - they will never all even be 80 at once. There is a range of scores on a continuum and as the hubs rotate in "hotness" (interest) and sustained traffic, the scores go up and down.

Also, use wonder wheel and Google keyword tool to find the words most likely to be searched for your topics and use the words in titles and tags. Once I had a hub go down to 1 and climb up to 100 once I changed the title. 

Participating in the HubTrail project is really drawing a lot of traffic. At least three Hubbers purchased websites to promote the group. Look in the forum about it and see if you can make some hubs for Travel.

4. Apostle Jack profile image61
    Apostle Jackposted 7 years ago

I am in the same boat with not understanding Hub Score's.
    I will look at some of your work,here is some of mine.

5. Sandyspider profile image75
    Sandyspiderposted 7 years ago

I don't have an answer to this question. But I don't see a reply on this page. I always go to Google Keywords, but I have never used the Wonder Wheel. First time I have heard about it.

Can one use too many tags?

6. spirituality profile image59
    spiritualityposted 7 years ago

Like on squidoo, hubscores (on hubs) vary with traffic well as having to do with your activity and traffic on hubpages.

Unlike squidoo, hubpages also rewards commenting on other's hubs, answering questions, forum activity etc.

As long as your hubscore doesn't go below 80 I would not worry about it.

As for tags - that's an SEO question, and yes, too many tags is possible. Read my hub on Hubpages SEO for a starter guide: