jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (17 posts)

Commenters name leads to his/her Squidoo lens!

1. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 6 years ago

I had a comment on a hub and the name was in blue, assuming it was another hubber, I clicked on the name & was directed to HIS article on the same thing on Squidoo....beware, they may not all be hubbers! Pissed me off!

1. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

This is nothing new.  People have been putting their emails, web sites and other URLs linked to their comment names since the feature was first invented.

2. Mark Knowles profile image60
      Mark Knowlesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Why did it piss you off?

Now you know how to create an incoming link to your hub from another site. wink

3. Lady_E profile image83
      Lady_Eposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I've been curious about this too. I have quite a few. At least two are Hubbers. When I clicked on their profile name in my comment box to read their Hubs, it took me to a webpage of theirs outside HP.

Now, I don't click on such names cos you can tell. (a small square with a little arrow)

4. 0
      cosetteposted 6 years ago in reply to this

yeah I don't know how they do that...you click on their name and instead of taking you to their Hubpages profile, it takes you off the site to another site.

I hate that. neutral

2. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

That's weird. Frankly, I don;t see how this could be done hmm

3. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

Yes, I've had that happen quite a lot and have never worried about it.  You'll see it on lots of blogs as well as on HubPages - I just assumed it was normal.

4. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

On a second thought, I recalled that if you are not logged in, you have an option of putting a link to your name, Marisa is right. So no, scratch what I said before and just watch for that little arrow after the name smile

5. Jane@CM profile image61

Yes, I will be watching for that little arrow from now on!

6. sunforged profile image69
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

whats to watch out for? ...this is completely normal, a hubbers name leads to their profile an unregistered commenter leads to wherever they designate, it doesnt hurt anything

7. Lissie profile image85
    Lissieposted 6 years ago

Exactly sunforged - its how the internet works -get used to it!

8. Len Cannon profile image89
    Len Cannonposted 6 years ago

You're going to go nuts when you find out about emails with spoofed addresses.

9. steffer profile image58
    stefferposted 6 years ago

just a method of BUM marketing, bloggers do it all the time
    we all want back links to our hubs, he does the same
    pretty normal in internet land.

10. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago

As long as the comments are legit and supportive it doesn't bother me in the least. What goes around comes around.

11. johnr54 profile image70
    johnr54posted 6 years ago

The offsite links like those are nofollowed as well, so if they are using it for link spam to help their Google rankings it's for naught.

12. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image94
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 6 years ago

Do you guys also hate having the ability to leave a link to your hubs when you comment on someone's blog?

13. Jane@CM profile image61

Wow - thanks for the feedback! Not pissed off anymore, the light bulb went on!!!  It makes perfect sense now! big_smile