jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Amazon Capsules verus eBay Capsules

1. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 8 years ago

I just looked at the data for amazon and ebay capsules across HubPages over the last 14 months.  The click through rate for a capsule is typically in the 2-3% range. Over the year revenue per click is about 30% higher for eBay capsules, except in December where the roles were reversed and Amazon did significantly better.  On average, an amazon or ebay capsule will be worth about a dollar for every thousand hub views.  Of course, if the products aren't directly related to your content the value will likely be significantly lower.

Some suggestions from this data:

- For your hubs getting significant traffic, it is worth a little effort to make sure the products match well in your capsules
    - When in doubt, consider using an eBay capsule
    - Next December, you may want to consider switching your highest traffic hubs to Amazon capsules

2. Patty Inglish, MS profile image91
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 8 years ago

Thank you Paul, this is very useful information that I will use.

3. Marye Audet profile image92
    Marye Audetposted 8 years ago

Thanks Paul...I have had much better response with the Amazon than the ebay, though....so I removed my ebay.

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
      Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Me too.

4. spuds profile image23
    spudsposted 8 years ago

Thanks for the info Paul. I make a rule of trying to have relevant Amazon and eBay products on all my hubs.

5. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago

I'm sure I saw some advice not to start using eBay capsules until you had good traffic, because if you don't make any sales within a certain period, eBay will deactivate your account. 

My question is, if that's the case, how much traffic is good traffic?