jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

How do you generate revenue with Kontera?

1. nanospeck profile image73
    nanospeckposted 6 years ago

Can anyone give a brief on Kontera? Is is worthwile joining them? Does it generate good revenue?

1. darkside profile image83
      darksideposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You need lots and lots and lots and lots of page views to be able to pull over the monthly $5 threshold (under that and they confiscate it from you).

I'm doing a month long test to see if I've got the legs to win that race.

1. relache profile image87
        relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I've found that you'll need at least 10,000 pageviews per month to clear their minimum, but that may vary depending on your topics and actual writing skills.

1. darkside profile image83
          darksideposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I can do the pageviews, even on my own. At the moment I'm leaving money on the table because I have ad impressions for referrers but it's been under the threshold.

It'll be a matter of having the right topics. Which will depend on the advertisers choice of keywords.

And I'm working on my writing skills.

2. TerryGl profile image60
      TerryGlposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If you are considering joining you must join up through Searchwarp dot com (an article directory site). They have a deal with K to provide an extra 20% on revenue. Hubpages does not have such a deal.

If you place articles at Searchwarp your K ads will appear there as well.

I first hated K but now I love them. They generate good income and pay on time every time. The 20% helps quite a lot, especially if you get good traffic.

I have noticed a huge difference between views from different sites. Some pay a lot better then others. If you have a K account, use your id on other sites as well as this one.

2. sunforged profile image69
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

no, its not worth it

maybe it will be worth it for you a year from now if you can write a 100 hubs

Do some research on the efficacy/pros/cons of "in-text advertising"

Personally I hate it as a publisher and a viewer

3. chronage profile image59
    chronageposted 6 years ago

kontera in-text advertising isnt a great network to get involved in, i have made very little from them at all in fact,
    This is just my opinion i posted a similar question when i joined and heard no real success stories with them but i though i would join them anyway

4. Chris Crow profile image59
    Chris Crowposted 6 years ago

Based on my experience, I would say don't even bother with Kontera.  Concentrate on trying to earn with Adsense and eBay.  Kontera will only pay you pennies for clicks from your hubs and they will distract from your other ads.

5. 0
    BookFlameposted 6 years ago

Learned something new again here.  A newbie has so much to learn.