jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

New hubber hoping for helpful feedback

1. h.a.borcich profile image59
    h.a.borcichposted 6 years ago

Getting my first hubs out there proved to be challenging, but asking for peer input seems to be a bit tougher.

My energy has been focused on content and writing style as I am hoping to find a writer within me. I may have survived advanced cancer, but my career was not so lucky. Hubpages looks to be a proving ground, a writing community built for mentoring new writers. Any takers for a mentor?

I am beyond challenged learning the technical aspects of online writing for hubpages. Understanding how to tag, use capsules, and add photos is difficult. If you would direct me to specific links geared to teach these skills, I would be appreciative.

Thank you in advance for your assistance. Holly

http://hubpages.com/hub/Beating-the-Fea … ant-Cancer

http://hubpages.com/hub/Are-You-Missing … us-Moments

(I have a few other hubs, but I am most intersted in feedback on these, thank you)

1. relache profile image86
      relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You might really like HubPages' own Starting Out Guide, as it explains in detail how the site tools work, with lots of pics to help,

2. h.a.borcich profile image59

Hi relache,

Thank you for suggesting that particular link. I am finding it easy to understand and most helpful though it will take a few readings to digest!
      I have felt lost in the forums as I don't have a good grip of the terminology. By chance is there a glossary of sort sort?

Again, thank you, Holly

1. 0
      Justine76posted 6 years ago in reply to this

not really a glossary. read thru it, youll get an idea of what happens to forum threads. smile best thing to do is ask questions. And have thick skin sometimes.

1. 0
        Justine76posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Lolo: my link didnt work, oh well, ask questions.

3. h.a.borcich profile image59

Thank you Justine76,

I will keep reading smile

I am grateful there has not been an onslaught of brutal critiqing of my hub content, but I wonder if some experienced hubbers would offer personal opinion. If I hope to create powerful hubs I need to heed constructive feedback from those who are suceeding.