jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Sometimes it's clear as mud

1. BarbaraMay profile image61
    BarbaraMayposted 8 years ago

I don't get much help from Help sometimes. I think a few instructions need to be rewritten for the complete Hubpages idiot, like me.

If someone comes to your page and then decides to join HubPages right there and then, do you automatically get credited for the new member? Or do you have to activate something or insert a code or token first?

1. College politico profile image61
      College politicoposted 8 years ago in reply to this

In my understanding, in order to get credit for a referral you must include a tracker in your link. It doesn't matter where you link to on hubpages only that you have your tracker embedded in the link. If someone signs up after clicking on your link (within 30 days) then you get credit.

Darkside's hub and hubpages help section goes into greater detail... but I think thats the jist of it

2. William F. Torpey profile image83
    William F. Torpeyposted 8 years ago

I second the motion.

3. stephhicks68 profile image85
    stephhicks68posted 8 years ago

What I understand is that you have to insert a tracking code.  Darkside has written a few helpful Hubs.  But it still took me awhile to understand and try to apply them.  Take a look at my profile and you can see my "sign up" link as an example.

4. stephhicks68 profile image85
    stephhicks68posted 8 years ago

Here's the Hub you should read:

5. BarbaraMay profile image61
    BarbaraMayposted 8 years ago

Thanks, Steph. I'm starting to make sense of it all. Indeed, HubPages has come up with a great referral formula

6. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago

The secret is to read Hubs about Hubbing.   There's a huge amount of information out there, it's just that newbies don't think of looking at the Hubs themselves!

Darkside has written some good ones - start there.  You'll find lots of Related Hubs, just keep browsing around.