jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Questions were removed by moderator

1. bandmerchandise profile image60
    bandmerchandiseposted 8 years ago

My questions were removed by a moderator?

How come?

Is there any where I can read about the rules in reference to posting questions?

1. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Having looked at your Hubtivity to see what the questions were, I'm going to take a wild guess that it had something to do with the fact that you weren't genuinely participating in the HubPages community so much as inquiring about people's personal buying habits and asking questions that had nothing to do with HubPages.

In short, you were spamming the forums.

2. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 8 years ago
  3. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 8 years ago

Checking them out and it would seem they're not questions that require a well researched response.

"What is your favorite music genre?" would be asking for someones taste in music.

"I am interested in obtaining news or an interview with the post-hardcore music band, Alexis on Fire. What questions would you ask them?" wouldn't be something that will be of value to any other visitor to HubPages.

"If you buy official band merchandise, do you prefer to purchase something that is signed by the band? If so, what autographed items would you like for us to put up for sale?" is strictly commercial.

And "What kinds of bands or celebs would you like me to interview on my radio show?" is very much the same as the last question in that it is fishing for traffic.

From my experience HubPages wants questions that will get reactions that incorporate good information, educational, even entertaining, provided it has a wide range of appeal and isn't quickly dated.