jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

Have you had a question removed by a moderator?

1. Mr.NGR profile image59
    Mr.NGRposted 5 years ago

Have you had a question removed by a moderator?

If so what was the question?

2. jimmythejock profile image86
    jimmythejockposted 5 years ago

Yes, the question was; Have you had a question removed by a moderator? lol.....jimmy

3. jlpark profile image84
    jlparkposted 5 years ago

Yup - "Missed the point?" asking if others had had a question where almost everyone who answered said question had missed the point entirely.

Was removed due to being a "yes/no" question and not promoting discussion. Given you added a "what was a the question" -you should be fine!

4. Goody5 profile image72
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

Oh yes! It seems that they don't care for questions about Zombies.

5. JanMaklak profile image77
    JanMaklakposted 5 years ago

I had asked a question about how I made an article.  The article was basically a short form of several hubs with links to each article.  Sort of a mini hub for a group of related articles that could loosely be consider a training program.  The question linked to that hub so people could see what I was talking about and poof it was gone for being overly promotional. 
    My first hub came off of my website and was too similar to the original post and it came down too with no explanation other than the word duplicate content. 
    Each time I was on the verge of packing up and doing my writing on Info Barrel. 
    If it happens again well 3 times is a charm!

6. wqaindia profile image79
    wqaindiaposted 5 years ago

@NGR About a fortnight ago I asked the question as to What was difficult? To ask questions or to answer questions. Today when I saw your question then I visited my profile to see if all questions were there. I found that my above question along with answers had been removed. Now I have decided to answer the questions instead of asking the questions which is difficult also !

7. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

Yes my friend, a few times. Not certain as of why, I think they go a little too far at times.

1. gmwilliams profile image87
      gmwilliamsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

They do.  It is capricious really.  It is also favoritism; some people ask the same or similar questins and THEIR questions are NOT removed at all!  While others are continuously being removed.  It is UNFAIR pure and simple.

8. Mr.NGR profile image59
    Mr.NGRposted 5 years ago

Thank you all. I too believe sometimes they go to far, I mean if you ask a yes or no question they take it down. Now if you add why to the end it becomes an acceptable question. Kind of reminds me of disclaimers. What prompted me to ask this was the question I asked "Does anyone need help? If so is it anything the online community can help with?" and it was taken down although some did answer it first. Once again thank you all.