jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Fan Mail - Unable to Moderate through Hub Activitiy or Profile

1. Beth100 profile image82
    Beth100posted 6 years ago

I received notices in my e-mail of new fan mail, but when I go into my profile to moderate the mail, there is none.  In More Hubtivity for This Hubber, there is no icon indicating that there is a new follower.   I must go through the link in the e-mail in order to moderate the fan mail.  To my surprise, when I did this, there were four other messages to moderate.  Is there another way to access the fan mail without going through e-mail notifications?

In addition to this, when the fan mail is moderated and accepted, the number of followers does not change.  In fact, I've dropped 2 followers in the last 4 days, yet cannot figure out why as they all appear in my fan list still.

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 6 years ago

Getting a follower and getting fan mail from followers aren't connected actions.

People become your followers (fans) without any approval from you, and you can't get rid of them at your whim.  They will only leave your fan if they choose to stop following you.

Fan mails sent to you are messages moderated by you, but denying them has no actual effect on the fan-status of the person who sent it to you.

3. Beth100 profile image82

Thanks Relache.  I understand what you'r saying, but how is it that I am fanned, even without the fan mail, but the number of followers does not increase?  In the past, with or without the fan mail, the number increased as each fan fanned me. 

Normally, if I checked my profile, there would be an icon notifying me of a new fan, regardless of fan mail.  Once fanned, my number went up.  Now, there is no icon, whether there is fan mail or not.  And, the number does not go up.

I can't help but to wonder if there is a bug related to the change from "fan" to "follower".

Am I still missing something regarding this??

4. Beth100 profile image82

No one else??  sad

Where are you Darkside??  You have all the answers.... smile

5. Beth100 profile image82

Am I the only one having this problem???? 

I just received notification for another fan, but the "followers" remain at 220.  I'm short about, say, 6 in the count that I've been notified in the past 4 days.

6. Pearldiver profile image85
    Pearldiverposted 6 years ago

Hi Beth

You moderate your fan mail via 'my account' when you look above you will see the appropriate buttons.

Your fan numbers increase immediately someone fans you... If you look... you will see that you have a new one smile

7. Beth100 profile image82

Thank you Pearldiver.  I did notice that the number went up with you.  I'm just a little confused because it didn't go up with a few others.  Oh well...par for the course. 

I'm glad your a fan (and I'm all yours too!).