jump to last post 1-16 of 16 discussions (21 posts)

Selling on Amazon

1. 0
    lynnechandlerposted 6 years ago

Does anyone know or have you sold items on Amazon?

I have a lot of books on the craft of writing and several best sellers that are just kind of sitting here and I thought this might be a good way to get them gone plus make a little pocket change to boot.

1. sunforged profile image69
      sunforgedposted 6 years ago in reply to this

i got started selling on amazon via the vendio program which allowed me to integrate my ebay and amazon inventory through one dashboard

http://hubpages.com/hub/Free-Auctiva-Al … ay-sellers

in most cases the ebay profit margin is better, if your a small seller

2. shazwellyn profile image84
      shazwellynposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yep... used to be my main income!  Check out my profile and click on the links.. Also, have done a hub on how to make money on Amazon.  It is a step by step guide.

Its called... How To Earn A Living Online with Amazon – A Guide To Getting Started!

Hope this helps!

2. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago

My neice and nephew sell their stuff on Amazon quite regularly.

3. 0

Any idea on how to start this process?

1. shazwellyn profile image84

My hub.. How To Earn A Living Online with Amazon – A Guide To Getting Started!

It will tell you!

4. bozzie123 profile image61
    bozzie123posted 6 years ago

I havent really sold anything on there before, i have on play.com, but just enquire about selling the products, if its anything like play.com it will just be a simple process requiring you to start up an account, how much you want to charge etc

5. 0

Hehehe...easy peasy. I now have a merchant account where I can sell my used books as I read them. Whoopi!

6. lakeerieartists profile image79
    lakeerieartistsposted 6 years ago

I am looking into selling stuff on Amazon this year, probably in the spring to start.  First I have a few other things to get done.  smile

7. 0

Lakes: it was really easy to set up the merchant account. I know what you mean though about having other things to do. This was just one of the many I HAD to get done. LOL

Sun: I figure I might list them on eBay if they don't go on Amazon but trying there first as I had a bad experience with a blanket I sold on eBay.

1. sunforged profile image69
      sunforgedposted 6 years ago in reply to this

check out vendio than, you set up an item in your inventory, than with a click you cn send it off to amazon or ebay and it list automatically in your own web store.

Amazon has a much better feedback system when you are doing everything right as a seller

You can also list books on half.com (ebay company) its super easy and rather popular for book buyers

When you do list via whatever service, remember to write a hub that showcases ONLY your items!

8. 0

OOOh didn't know about half.com will have to check that one out. I am an avid reader with most of my books coming thru my mom who reads and passes on then I am left with the book and usually sell them at a severe discount in my yard sale.

I made the decision after taking a huge loss the last yard sale to check some of these sites for a better way.

9. 60
    jbrown5posted 6 years ago

Half.com is  a great place to get books, especially text books.

10. 0
    troseposted 6 years ago

I've been selling books on Amazon for the last 2 years.  It's easy to set up your merchant account and then click on "Sell Your Stuff" on the right side of the home page when you want to list something. 

It is easier than ebay because you don't have to take a picture of your book as long as Amazon is still currently selling it and you can get more money for your books there than at ebay.

I am just about ready to start selling a huge pile of books again to pare down the clutter.  Good luck and let me know if you need help.

11. 0

Thanks I'm excited. I think I priced what I had pretty good. Will give it a week or so and see what happens.

12. 0

Ooooh Shaz got to go check that out. Thanks for letting me know about it.

1. shazwellyn profile image84

Well, babes... if you think that is good, you should see how to get upto 99% off of Amazon products by tweaking the URL code!

The hub is called...

How To Decipher Amazon’s URL Address Code and Bag the Best Bargains at The Cheapest Prices!

You can find a link on the page that you looked at! hehehe... Im letting all the secrets out of the bag!

13. 0

14. 0

OMG!  I love it! I love it! One of my books I listed two days ago sold. Yippee!

15. Ladybird33 profile image73
    Ladybird33posted 6 years ago

I have sold on Amazon;
    You have to have an account but it's easy to do, good luck.

16. Brett Winn profile image87
    Brett Winnposted 6 years ago

Selling on Amazon is easy. I've done it for years and over that time have probably made several hundred dollars. Most of what I sold were textbooks, or used homeschooling curricula, but occasionally I have scored at a yardsale and have purchased books for cents that I sold for dollars. If you have a cell phone that goes on the Internet so that you can check the prices before buying, yard sales can be a great source of inventory.

Amazon gives you a shipping allowance per book sold, so if the book isn't too heavy, you can technically make money on a book that you sell for only a penny! Be sure to calculate the cost of your gas to the post office!