jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (15 posts)

notifications - email malfunction

1. 0
    Duchess OBluntposted 6 years ago

I'm am dashing off a quick question - note - rant - complaint.
    Not sure what category this will fall into.

When I first signed up, I received email notifications when fans posted new hubs.  I also received a weekly update email.  When the email traffic became too heavy I switched to a daily message with a list.  It worked quite well.

But for some reason I don't receive those any longer.  I used to still receive my weekly update and comment notifications.  Those have recently stopped as well.

Can anyone help me?  I tried changing the notifications, switched emails and a number of other tricks from hubbers who had a similar problem.  No help.  HubPages response was to do use the HubPages "Hubtivity" section, but that doesn't help me keep track of everyone if I'm not sitting on it all day long.

Any suggestions anyone?  I'm missing some great hubs and comments I just KNOW it.

Back to work. If I don't respond, it's because I can't.  Will check back tonight.  And thanks in advance everyone

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 6 years ago

I get a digest notice of new Hubs, but it seems to me that lately, people haven't been publishing as much, which I attribute to the holiday season.

But I did just get my latest Hub notification this morning.  I don't know what to suggest outside of the usual adding of the HubPages email to your whitelist.

1. 0
      Duchess OBluntposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sorry relache.  Didn't mean to ignore your response (I actually couldn't remember where I posted it - I think it's the dreaded 'age' thing happening).
      I have actually added HubPages to my whitelist when this first started happening.  Still hasn't helped sad 
      I'll keep plugging away and see if I can figure it out.  I keep thinking I'm missing something really simple.

3. Mrvoodoo profile image59
    Mrvoodooposted 6 years ago

I haven't had any e-mail comment notifications in weeks.

4. resspenser profile image86
    resspenserposted 6 years ago

Oops! I just posted the same question! Should have checked here first.
    It is aggravating not to get notified, though. Isn't it?

5. 0

Yes it is very aggravating.  I don't even want to think about all the hubs I am missing. The notifications save me so much time!

6. Glenn Stok profile image97
    Glenn Stokposted 6 years ago

I noticed that I am no longer getting the weekly HP reports to go out to 50,000 Hubbers. So something must be wrong with HP's e-mailing system. I still get other notifications though.

7. 0
    Justine76posted 6 years ago

i still get daily notifications of hubs published, but have not been getting new comment notifications for quite some time.

1. VioletSun profile image69
      VioletSunposted 6 years ago in reply to this

So, its not just me! I happened to check a few of my hubs, and there were comments that were 6 days old, and I didn't get a notification of the comments. I am in the habit of always taking me time to respond to comments as I appreciate them.

8. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 6 years ago

I don't get emails from HP, either.

9. Glenn Stok profile image97

I just realized I don't get the new comment notifications either.  Just the notifications about new hubs.

10. Glenn Stok profile image97

I just checked my profile settings and found that it's been shut off.
    Click "Edit Profile" - See "Email me when my hubs get new comments:" and select something other than "never"

I'm curious to know if other Hubbers also had this setting changed, so report back here after you check your profile.

This still doesn't explain why the weekly reports are not coming. That still had a checkmark in my profile (Allow HubPages to contact you).

11. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 6 years ago

Glenn, I just checked mine. It had been changed, too! I didn't change it. Wonder how that happened??

12. 0

I did check mine, and it had not been changed.  I changed it to see if if would help - not so far.  sad  I keep thinking I am missing stuff I don't want to miss!

13. VioletSun profile image69
    VioletSunposted 6 years ago

Glenn: Thank you so much for letting us know about this glitch. smile Just changed mine to "always" be notified when comments are added to my hubs. Will be watching to ensure it works!