jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

The Name Attribute, why can't we use it?

1. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

I have been creating a Hub on the Discworld series, which includes a character write up and all 38 books.  The problem is that since this is so large, I wanted to create quick links to take the viewer to the exact part of the hub which has that book.

Normally I would write  on each module about each book, with the book name as reference. 

At the top of the hub i would ahve a table of contents, where each link would be

1. darkside profile image83
      darksideposted 6 years ago in reply to this

There is no capsule to do it, but it can be done manually.

1. lou16 profile image84
        lou16posted 6 years ago in reply to this

This is great to know, I was surprised that hubpages didn't appear to have a table of contents, but manually will be just fine by me - thanks Glen.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I love the Discworld series!  If the Hub is that large, wouldn't it be better split up?  Long Hubs are good, but anything over 1,500 words is generally regarded as too long for internet readers.  Separate Hubs mean more earnings potential and easier for the reader.  Make the character write-up a separate Hub.

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 6 years ago

You can create anchor links (what you call a quick link) to go to specific modules within a Hub.  I've got that going on a variety of my Hubs.

3. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Ahh fantastic, thanks for the info Darkside, just what I was looking for!

From personal website experience having at least a couple of 4000 plus pages in a webpage network brings in some good results, both for sales and search engine rankings.

This is not from any particular SEO dogma, it just happens to work for me. 

If this works out as planned I am thinking of creating separate hubs for each book in the discworld series, it is however a huge amount of work, so it will always be a side project of mine.  The discworld hub with table of contents should be up in the next day or two!