jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

If I have hubs that run as a series, how can I link them in each hub?

1. backporchstories profile image81
    backporchstoriesposted 5 years ago

If I have hubs that run as a series, how can I link them in each hub?

2. Global-Chica profile image97
    Global-Chicaposted 5 years ago

If you have a series of hubs, you can put them in the same group (in "My Account", it's the second to last tab in black).  This way the "previous" and "next" hub will show at the end of each hub.  Hope this helps!

1. nochance profile image93
      nochanceposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Exactly what I was going to say. You can also use the "links" capsule to put a link to the first hub in the series and to the next hub in the series at the bottom. I'm not sure which method readers like better.

3. dwachira profile image80
    dwachiraposted 5 years ago

The best way to do this is to create a table of contents sort of in the first hub of the series and then add links pointing to each of the hubs in your series. Each of the series hub can then have three links pointing to the next hub, previous hub and the table of contents. This method will give you great flexibility when adding more hubs while providing easy navigation to your hubs visitors.

To see a working practical example, may be you should check on my profile for a hub series titled: Programming in Java-A step by step tutorial for beginners. This series is crafted using the approach described above. Thanks.

1. Marisa Wright profile image98
      Marisa Wrightposted 5 years agoin reply to this

There is NO limit to the number of links you can have to other Hubs. So your table of contents can include all the other Hubs in the series if you wish. The only limit on links is to external sites or blogs.

2. dwachira profile image80
      dwachiraposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you Marisa Wright,there is no limitation for links other than external links, even my table of contents in the below hub contains more than 10 links. Here, i was just giving an example. Thanks.
      http://dwachira.hubpages.com/hub/Programmin

3. backporchstories profile image81
      backporchstoriesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I tried to go to your link, but said pages could not be found!  Hmmm....

4. dwachira profile image80
      dwachiraposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Sorry about that backporchstories, it should be here: http://dwachira.hubpages.com/hub/Progra … s-Lesson-1

4. Marisa Wright profile image98
    Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago

As others have suggested, a table of contents (right floated and highlighted in blue) is a good way to help your readers navigate.

However, if you're writing a long series, it may be better to consider putting it on a blog.   HubPages isn't the ideal place to create a long series, because it's not easy to keep readers within your sub-domain and allow them to follow the sequence in the correct order.

1. backporchstories profile image81
      backporchstoriesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the tip!

working