jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (20 posts)

most embarrassing moments

1. seanorjohn profile image80
    seanorjohnposted 7 years ago

Who can recall their most embarrassing moments? (When you wished the ground could swallow you up.) Or are we programmed to mercifully forget those times we made fools of ourselves?

2. Katelyn Weel profile image88
    Katelyn Weelposted 7 years ago

I remember nothing tongue

seanorjohnposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Katelyn,you are so lucky.I wish I could honestly say the same.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image67
        prettydarkhorseposted 7 years ago in reply to this

how about you?

Prettydarkhorse. As you can see I am still so traumatised I still daren't show my face on hubpages.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image67

why? you are special of course and a wonderful being, everybody is special

Prettydarkhorse. The embarrassing thing is I can't figure out how to upload a photo. I know a child of 7 can do it. Where is that kid when you need them?

2. skyfire profile image71
      skyfireposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Wish i can do that.

3. prettydarkhorse profile image67
    prettydarkhorseposted 7 years ago

I was in first year high school and my mother told me to wear a slip with my skirt -- school uniform --I went to the bathroom and the garter slipped off and disentangled, went back to the classroom and they were all laughing when I was walking to my seat, I didnt noticed it. I cried hehe, my crush is looking at me...

Prettydarkhorse, the childhood incidents are always the most painful. Thanks for having the courage to share that. The poet Philip Larkin's words come to mind , "They  .... ... .. your Mum and Dad "

4. 0
    cosetteposted 7 years ago

PDH, my most embarrassing experience was also a wardrobe mishap. when i was in 5th grade i was in a show and we had to sing songs like "Let There Be Peace on Earth", etc.

well we all wore white shirts, red ties and navy skirts (the boys wore navy slacks). my shirt was brand-new and kind of short for me because i needed a smaller size, so every so often it would ride up and i would slip my hands under my skirt and tug on the shirt so that it was neatly tucked into my skirt. i noticed my sister in the seats kept frantically waving to me when i did that. i just thought she was being silly. she was trying to tell me to stop doing that because every time i did that, you could see my legs and panites and i wasn't wearing a slip. the following Monday i got teased really bad by all the kids, and the boys were all "show us your panties", etc. which, if you know me, was pretty mortifying. my older brothers had to come onto the playground and tell them to stop, which they did.

now it's kind of funny but it wasn't back then big_smile

Cossette, thanks for sharing that. Many people have recurring nightmares  at such scenarios. At the time I can imagine how mortified you must have felt. It takes great courage on the part of a child to carry on and ignore the often unintentional cruel teasing of classmates.Great story.

2. dohn121 profile image88
      dohn121posted 7 years ago in reply to this

OMG yikes I'm sorry to hear that, cosette.  Yes, at least you can look back on it now and laugh cool

3. prettydarkhorse profile image67

hehe almost the same as mine

5. 0
    cosetteposted 7 years ago

smile

i learned early on to ignore people like that big_smile

thanks for the kind words. that's really nice of you.

6. maven101 profile image77
    maven101posted 7 years ago

When I was 16 I had to recite one of my poems in English Lit class...in front of about 50 kids...I had a slight stutter at that time, since personally corrected, and I had gotten about three words out when I just shut down....the sweat poured, the class snickered, and the teacher just stood there saying " Please continue Larry "....I couldn't get out of that class fast enough...On the positive side, this experience really motivated me to cure myself of the stutter..

Maven101. Thanks for sharing that but how unbelievably cruel of your teacher to want to humiliate you in that way. An English teacher is paid to aid communication not silence it.
      Well done for having the grit and determination to conquer your stutter in the face of such hostility. It would have been so easy to adopt strategies where you would effectively censor your own voice.

2. 0
      cosetteposted 7 years ago in reply to this

pretty much! wink

my little brother had a bad stuttering problem. fortunately, he outgrew it. you were pretty brave. i'm glad you conquered it also.

7. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

Not mine - but I guarantee you'll enjoy them, as well as her other hubs smile

http://hubpages.com/hub/Humiliating-Mom … hapter-One

Thanks Misha, I just clicked on and read chapters 1 &2. You are right .... very funny hubs. What a great memory you have!

working