jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (16 posts)

Can someone please help me with a Hub format emergency

1. 0
    lyricsingrayposted 6 years ago

Does anyone know how many capsules I can put in my hub?  I do not want to make another Hub it never works, but am going to be approaching about 250, it's already slow. I don't mind that but my fear is it will explode - or not let me continue or edit at some point.

With each few capsules I create, the slower it does get.

Please can you also help me -it's telling me there is a broken link when I have checked them all by clicking the link and all go to destination.

Lastly, sorry, It is telling me my URL is not recognized for my u tube video yet it works fine in edit or not mode.

I'm not sure if anyone has any answers but would love it if toy do

Thank you Kindly

1. Rayalternately profile image61
      Rayalternatelyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

almost all computer problems are actually solved like this:

1. don't panic
      2. save anything you've got open
      3. close everything down
      4. restart the computer

I know that ruins a whole industry but it's got to be worth a try. Even the most bizarre of faults and problems are cured this way. Ring any computer help desk and eventually this is the "support" they'll give you anyway.

Give it a try, who knows, it might clear it. smile

2. 0

awesome I'll try it now, thank you smile

3. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

This was discussed the other day, see link. Paul Deeds said that although there is no strict limit, problems may start at around 100-150 capsules, depending on your browser.

4. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

Lyric, my instant reaction is - are you writing a book? 

I can't conceive of a Hub that long, that wouldn't be better split over several Hubs. 

As a writer, it's very easy to over-write.  If you ramble off topic or add too many asides, you're going to lose your reader long before the end of the Hub.   Even famous writers have editors who stringently edit their prose - I suggest you do the same to yours, and make sure your story is organised into sensible bites that people will actually read.

1. 0
      lyricsingrayposted 6 years ago in reply to this

no Marisa it's the mens hub and there are 90 of them plus minimal writing and one video

there are pic, links, polls etc  all small but adding up

plus formatting is scary

thanks hon

5. 0

thanks website, I'll just keep going I'm way past that now, appreciate your help, thanks

6. 0

7. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

Kim, may be it's better to try to split it into two or three hubs?

1. AEvans profile image73
      AEvansposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree smile

8. 0

Misha I guess but Im so stubborn and I just don't want to - but your right I think I will have to
    Thanks Misha smile

9. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

10. 0

11. 0

thank you too AEvans smile

12. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Haha Lyrics, if you do a multipart hub I best be in the first one tongue

I find that when I am creating hubs with over 40 capsules every time I add a new capsule it takes a longggg time to load. However the page load time still seems to be fairly fast when it's published!

13. 0

Thanks Oli - I split it into 2 - but I just absolutely hate doing it.  However I had to with avrg 90 men and what I have attached to them bla bla bla bla bla Thanks hon xo