jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Ooops! Error messages

1. aoiffe379 profile image61
    aoiffe379posted 6 years ago

Why am I getting Ooops! error messages? I have just finished typing a capsule for a new hub.I tried to save it but got the oops! message.Eventually it went back to edit after I clicked save.I tried save unpublished Apparently it was not saved as I lost the capsule. When I checked my account, the hub title was there and I got a warning saying the hub would be flagged for being substandard! it is rated at 49. Wow!Where is my capsule entitled Basic Needs?I can rewrite it as I am old -fashioned enough to write an outline- granted I have only words and arrows. But the problem is: what happen if I rewrite the capsule and get the same Ooops! errors? I need urgent help as this happened to my Painted Feathers and Valentine hub- which is an empty set.By the way, that hub is doing better than some of the ones I can find!

1. larryfreeman profile image85
      larryfreemanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi aoiffe379,

I was able to recover some of your text capsule which I added back to your hub.

I did it using the back up mechanism.

Every 2 minutes, the text capsule saves the current hub.  You can recover these older version by clicking the "recover draft" link which is found at the bottom of each text capsule after the back up has started.

I hope that this helps.

2. Ohma profile image82
    Ohmaposted 6 years ago

Sorry cant help but there seems to be alot of people on the forums tonight maybe this is causing an overload.

3. Robert Kernodle profile image89
    Robert Kernodleposted 6 years ago

I tried to type a detailed message about error messages, and the message got erased when I hit "submit".

Very frustrating.  Writing hubs is torturous because of the connection failures, error messages.

4. CMHypno profile image90
    CMHypnoposted 6 years ago

Might be safer to write your text in Word and then copy and paste it into your Hub, and then you can save your document and you won't lose what you have written.

1. myownworld profile image78
      myownworldposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I agree. I always do the writing part in Word first, then copy paste to different capsules. Best way to avoid glitches like these! smile

5. Robert Kernodle profile image89

It's like having to put on a condom before having sex -- very practical and necessary, but some spontaneity is sacrificed.

Having to type a .txt doc and then switch back and forth between it and the comment box discourages me from making spontaneous, in-the-moment, authentic replies.  A comment box should NOT be like this.  It should be pure -- it is everywhere else on the net where I have commented.

As for hubpages, themselves, I DO always, always, always type into .txt document, copy, paste, and edit.  This, unlike comments, is a more formal composition, which I take great pains to edit, rewrite and present for order and clarity.

6. Robert Kernodle profile image89

GREAT! - My last comment made it through spontaneously.