are you interested

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (39 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Lecieposted 14 years ago

hi,
          i'm pretty new to hubpages. i have posted 24 hubs and been to the forums. i reply and i post. but it seems as though no one is ever interested in what i have to say. i don't care about making fans but i was kind of hoping to make some friends. even though i keep replying and posting i get treated like the wall flower everyone ignores. this is bumming my vibes. i would like someone to to tell me what i'm doing wrong because i thought i was pretty helpful and friendly in the forum. i also have some funny hubs.
          if you don't want me to post more just say so. right now it feels like my words are falling on deaf ears. i get enough of that at home. i've already been my friendliest even posted in the forums "salutations" still no one hears me. i want to make hubpages my everyday hangout but it seems like i hang byself lately. will someone atleast give me feed back on this post? i'm dying for replys. sad

1. mod2vint profile image59
      mod2vintposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sometimes I feel that way too. I guess it just takes time for your name to be noticed and recognized. I had some fun here the other day on the yo mama post but I was at work and could  not stay and play very long. It will happen don't get discouraged. Add a photo of something even if its not of you that might help also.

2. Rafini profile image81
      Rafiniposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hello.  I haven't seen you in the forums before.  Try posting a topic in the forums that might generate some interest & interaction with others - rather than a complaint.

3. profile image0
      Pani Midnyte Odinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You could try uploading an avatar photo. A photo makes readers feel more connected to you.

As for your forum visits, I don't think I've ever seen you in the forums? Perhaps try to be a little more active?

You do have a decent HubScore though so, people must be reading your hubs. If they don't comment, they still read it.

Anyway, don't give up. Be more active in the forums. Feel free to goof around. Upload an avatar photo. Um... otherwise, you're doing well smile

4. Hokey profile image62
      Hokeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I know you!!  big_smile

We have communicated in some threads. Your awesome!!

5. Sunshiney31 profile image67
      Sunshiney31posted 14 years agoin reply to this

oK WELL that I know who you are welcome and good luck..I will check out some of your hubs ,and take the advise to put some great pics up..it catches peoples eyes and makes us wonder what you have to say..Hub on fellow hubber

6. starme77 profile image77
      starme77posted 14 years agoin reply to this

aw dont feel so down , just keep chattin and keep writin and we will all become your friend as we get to know you smile

7. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hi Lecie !
      Go and pick an avatar !
      That's the first thing you should do.

And come back and post in all the threads you're interested in. I'm sure you'll get lots of replies in no time !
      Welcome !!

8. profile image0
      StormRyderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I felt like that my first 2-3 weeks here..then some people got to know me a bit and things picked up after that. There are still some who it seems make a point of ignoring me but it's there loss for not seeing the honest and kind person I am.

9. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image62
      JYOTI KOTHARIposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You can post your hub links for constructive criticism in Extreme hub makeover:
      http://hubpages.com/forum/23

Keep participating in forum threads and write quality hubs. You are bound to be noticed. Be fan of Hubbers. They generally reciprocate.
      I am going to visit your hubs right now.
      Thanks,
      Jyoti Kothari

10. Rayalternately profile image59
      Rayalternatelyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Just make your avatar a pair of breasts then you can spout any old inane shite and you'll still be guaranteed a million replies! big_smile

11. profile image0
      shazwellynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh... I'll talk to you.  Why dont you email me.  If I can help, I will!  I mean it! EMAIL ME! *wink*

2. livewithrichard profile image72
    livewithrichardposted 14 years ago

Sorry you're feeling unwelcome here at HP. You might want to post an avatar, it doesn't have to be your real pic. It may seem silly but people attract and relate to avatars.. 

Without an avatar it just seems that you're passing through and people don't want to build relationships with passers by.  Hope this helps and Welcome to HP.

3. donotfear profile image83
    donotfearposted 14 years ago

I don't remember seeing you on here before either. I'll go read your articles. Welcome.  Post a good Avatar!

4. mod2vint profile image59
    mod2vintposted 14 years ago

Hey i just checked out a couple of your hubs, nine of them have pictures either. People will stay around longer with eye catching images to look at. Ever heard the saying eye appeal is buy appeal. The ones I read were catchy. Oh Yeah and I was told you should also respond to the comments left on your hubs, after all its all about interaction.

1. livewithrichard profile image72
      livewithrichardposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's right, this is a great community and if you want to be noticed you have to take it to them..lol go comment on hubs, fan the ones you like and when you get updates to their new hubs, comment on those too.  It took me 2 weeks when I first started here to get 2 fans, but then I realized that HP is a real community and I needed to treat it as such.

5. Lynda Gary profile image59
    Lynda Garyposted 14 years ago

Welcome.  I'm relatively new, too, though I can't say I've experienced the same feelings as you.  Sorry to hear that.

Here are a few more suggestions:

1)  Send messages via the "contact [name]" link on a hubber's profile page to the people with whom you feel you have something in common.  Say, "Hi, I'm Lecie, a newbie on HP.  Your profile is interesting.  I see we have the love of children's writing in common..." or something like that.

2)  Understand that HP is NOT a blogging site.  I agree with your agent that you'll need to build an online presence and following -- and starting your OWN blog is a good way to do that.  HP is not.

3)  Write hubs that generate a broad audience with topics that you think will be interesting "to the masses."  I've looked at 4 or 5 of your hubs and they are all poetry-type hubs.  There is a big audience for poetry, but pay attention to the topic of that poetry.  Write on things you know about, like the publishing industry.  A hub called "How to Land a Literary Agent," for example, seems right down your alley.  It will pull a larger audience than "Moving Rapidly"

4)  Read other hubs.  Leave comments.

5) Some readers won't read hubs that don't use traditional rules for writing:  Capital sentences, correct grammar and punctuation, etc.  It's a personal preference, but one that you might re-consider.

One more comment:  Maybe you are getting more attention that you realize?  Do a search for all of your posts, then look at the replies you've received in the forums. For example: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/37775#post864455 generated direct responses to/for you.  Right?  Same thing here: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/37626#post858016, a response that starts with "Thanks Lecie," written by the OP.

6. Lynda Gary profile image59
    Lynda Garyposted 14 years ago

One more idea:

Add more info to your profile page.  Tell us more about yourself.  It will give other hubber's an idea as to whether they have common interests, etc.

7. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

It just takes time, improve your profile, post a picture, and provide a bit more information about your aspirations to be a childrens writer.

A profile picture gives people on the forum an easy way to identify your username and your posts with your online persona, when people easily spot your profile image, they will associate it with you, and pay mroe attention to you smile

It is easy for your content to get swamped by all the other hubs being pubclished, however as you gain more followers you should see an increase in your comments and how people perceive you!

8. profile image0
    Lecieposted 14 years ago

thanks everyone:)
    (hokey your awsome too wink  )
    i have been trying to figure out how to upload a pic. for days. i will keep trying. i don't think technology likes me sad
    but i have alot of patience so i'll keep trying smile

9. profile image0
    Lecieposted 14 years ago

hey everyone i uploaded my first image...not very good but i'm still trying for a photo.

1. Rafini profile image81

oh no, I like this one! smile   I think it's a better one than I have.  lol   I don't know where to find the cool pics like a lot of other hubbers have.  I got mine off my Photoshop disc!  lol

Do a search on make a free avatar, play with their program. When you have something you like, take a screen shot and put it in paint crop the part you like and there you go a cool looking avatar.

cool, thanks!

your welcome!

2. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image62
        JYOTI KOTHARIposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have posted most of my pictures of my own.

10. profile image0
    Lecieposted 14 years ago

this was a freeze.com logo that was on my computer when i bought it.lol

lol

I luv it!

11. profile image0
    Lecieposted 14 years ago

i finally got an avatar. i don't think i'm ever going to figure out the built in webcam. i hope my avatar is good enough for all of you.

i like it.  smile  kinda reminds me of Peggy Hill  (?)

12. profile image0
    Lecieposted 14 years ago

glad you like it thanks. i don't know who peggy is though.

1. thisisoli profile image71
      thisisoliposted 14 years agoin reply to this

think king of the hill tongue

13. TamCor profile image82
    TamCorposted 14 years ago

Hey Lecie!  I was talking with you on your "Megashark" thread the other night--I loved it that someone else even watched those type of movies, lol...lol

Welcome, and love the avatar! smile

Tammy

14. Marisa Wright profile image87
    Marisa Wrightposted 14 years ago

Lecie, on one of your Hubs you say you're finding blogging hard.  That's partly because this isn't a blogging site.

HubPages is a good place to get noticed, but your Hubs need more "meat".  Blog posts are short and chatty, Hubs are more like articles in a magazine. 

If you're here to promote your work, think about what your potential readers would be interested in.  Write some articles related to your book or books. 

Rochelle Frank is a children's writer.  Here's an article she wrote telling how she got the idea for her book:

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Catch-a- … w-Whet-Owl

and here's a review that another Hubber wrote:
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Book-Review-of

Poetry doesn't attract a big audience.  If you want to write poetry Hubs, I suggest adding images and a "blurb" about the motivation for the poem, to make it more substantial.

15. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image62
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 14 years ago

Or you can post a review of your products.

16. profile image0
    Lecieposted 14 years ago

thanks to you all for your advice. smile

17. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

You can always start a blog as well for your personal thoughts, and linking it to your Hubpages account.

That way when you have a specific topic you want to write about you can bring it to hubpages, and even monetize it, if you want to vent, you could bag a post up on your blog.

You would be surprised at how much benefit you will get from having a blog and a hubpages account linking to each other smile

18. profile image0
    Lecieposted 14 years ago

thanks oli you've been a big help also. smile

19. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

Lecie, I hope you're feeling more at home here now!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)