jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)

I had something pretty cool happen to me this week.

1. MyWebs profile image83
    MyWebsposted 6 years ago

After 3 power issues within the last month at the Atlanta data center that my web hosting provider uses caused some serious down time for my web sites, I complained. They have a 99.95% uptime guarantee so I was only expecting to get 1 free month compensation.

While others were offered a new free account for 6 months for compensation, I have been offered a free account forever. I can choose between either a $25 or a $35 reseller account.

I guess I got the sweetheart deal since the same person making the offer is the CEO that had previously made me an admin of their forums where I help to keep the spam deleted.

I already have the $25 reseller account and only use 10% of that. Now I'm going to have more than double my previous account. While this is cool I have no idea what I'm going to do with it all. Web hosting is rather competitive and I'v never really tried to compete and sell my space.

2. habee profile image91
    habeeposted 6 years ago

Cool! Good for you!

3. skyfire profile image74
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

If you've no financial intentions with reseller account then you can offer free hosting to charities or to the people/group need free hosting. As you know how to filter out spam/fraud you'll be able to do that efficiently.

4. Faybe Bay profile image84
    Faybe Bayposted 6 years ago

Congratulations Mywebs! Wow, so cool!

5. 0
    Ghost32posted 6 years ago

Yes, congrats and then some.  We recently had a truck driver who delivered 15 tons of the wrong sized rock to our "homestead".  When the boss of the rock company heard about it, after I told him I could actually use half of the load, he credited me for the other half.  In other words, the next time I order, I get 7.5 tons of free rock.

But your deal is better!  big_smile

6. MyWebs profile image83
    MyWebsposted 6 years ago

Its always cool to get something for free. In this case its worth $35 per month. So for every year thats $420. I have never got anything like this before.

If only I could sell some of the space and make some money off of it. I think this will motivate me to try now since it will pretty much be all profit.

Offering free space to a church is a good idea.

1. 0
      pinkyleeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

congrats ... oh and i linked one of your hubs to mine

MyWebsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Cool. I'll did the same to your followers hub. Yay my first link exchange on hubpages. smile

1. 0
          pinkyleeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol awesome

7. salt profile image65
    saltposted 6 years ago

excellent if you do !!!

8. shazwellyn profile image83
    shazwellynposted 6 years ago

Mywebs... that is cool.  They have acknowledged your hard work in the forums as a bonus, I think.  That is what happens when you spread the love!  Keep on spreading babes!  Spread em far, and spread em wide! *wink*

MyWebsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol Shaz great double entendre.

I asked him and he did say it was for helping out in the forums. I never expected anything in return for deleting a bit of spam. Click, click and its gone. Its nothing really.