jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

How to articles

1. luvpassion profile image59
    luvpassionposted 6 years ago

Are how-to articles more popular on this site than say...creative writing or poetry?

The reason I ask is, I was considering starting a how-to on watercolors which is a passion of mine, but would love to have some comments on my creative and poetry writing as well.

Thanks for your help

1. darkside profile image84
      darksideposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Generally speaking and taking into account the whole internet in terms of profitability, the answer is yes.

You can make money from creative writing and poetry though. If you write "How To's" on Creative Writing and Poetry.

2. frogdropping profile image84
    frogdroppingposted 6 years ago

Go for it. Those looking for information seem to appreciate anything written in a how to format. Something like 'How To Start Watercoloring' or 'How To Get Started With Watercolors' would be great. Even more so if you already have the knowledge - so much more enjoyable to write smile

And welcome to HubPages big_smile

3. Maddie Ruud profile image81
    Maddie Ruudposted 6 years ago

To answer your question, yes, how-tos will get more traffic (and earn more money) than poetry or fiction.

4. luvpassion profile image59
    luvpassionposted 6 years ago

I hadn't really considered making money here, I was looking more for critique. Thanks for your help, I will look into it.

5. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

How To's generally get more traffic, and are more easy to convert in to sales, than creative works and poetry. However,being more profitable, and being able to make a profit, are two different things entirely, you will defaintely want to do a little bit of research on sales and SEO if you decide you want to make some cash!

1. luvpassion profile image59
      luvpassionposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you thisisoli, I'm afraid I've never been good at selling things it's to easy for me to be, as my husband calls it,  "Jude down" LOL