jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

What Question should I put to the Climate Change Minister Penny Wong

1. barryrutherford profile image31
    barryrutherfordposted 7 years ago

What Question should I put to the Climate Change Minister
    Penny Wong who is giving a speech at QUT today?

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Does he personally believe that the issue on climate change is a hoax? If so, what is at stake in the case of Aus? What is the stand of Aus about this? Is Australia doing something about it?

1. barryrutherford profile image31
        barryrutherfordposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I can safely say that Penny does not believe that Climate change is a hoax.  Australia stands ready to sign a international agreement to limit & reduce greenhouse gas outputs.  The copnhagen accord has put a somewhat frail framework to report back on negotiations  which stalled at Copenghagen due to China's intransigence. hows that from the top of my head ?

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
          prettydarkhorseposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Aus and other European countries signed the Kyoto protocol before, I dont know here in the US, Bush before didnt like it, as he said American way of life is not in compromise and he want China to abandon carbon etc first. China cant abandon carbon as it is important to their economy

2. thisisoli profile image58
    thisisoliposted 7 years ago

Ask why not a single global climate change prediction for global cooling or global warming has proved remotely accurate in the last 40 years.

working