jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

How do I "un-Follow" a large number of hubbers at the same time?

1. dutch84 profile image59
    dutch84posted 6 years ago

When I first started out with hubpages I followed hundreds of people, because I wanted them to follow me back, because I though that's how you get readers to come to your hub. I recently found out that following a lot of people reduces your hubscore, plus I cancelled my updates on the hubbers I follow because I was getting so many in my inbox. Now, I have found that following too many people is a major hassle and I just want to get rid of all of them. Un-Following them one by one takes a lot of time and I have to keep refreshing my browser to go back to the list of hubbers and my computer slows down as a result. What should I do?

1. MyWebs profile image83
      MyWebsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

There is no easier way to unfollow other hubbers. Keep doing what your doing and have fun.

2. darkside profile image83
    darksideposted 6 years ago

One by one.

It would take me about two minutes to unfollow everyone I have ever fanned.

3. Pearldiver profile image87
    Pearldiverposted 6 years ago

Amazing.... you are blaming your fans for your own poor ratings? yikes

1. darkside profile image83
      darksideposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Fanning too many people in a short amount of time can have detrimental effects on ones HubberScore.

But I doubt that its permanent. HubberScore will right itself after a while, provided you've got original content and quality traffic.

1. Misha profile image75
        Mishaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think it is permanent, at least after some amount and/or ratio. Remember the guys that fanned themselves all the way down to 1?

4. Haunty profile image85
    Hauntyposted 6 years ago

Your 'fanned' hubbers page is best ignored, but you could use a customized homepage to trail hubbers whose hubs interest you.

5. dutch84 profile image59
    dutch84posted 6 years ago

Thank you for your insight everyone. I guess I will try to find other ways to boost my hubscore such as being more active on hubpages by participating on the forums and commenting on other people's hubs.

1. darkside profile image83
      darksideposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I doubt that your HubberScore is low because of inactivity on the forum or commenting on other peoples hubs.

Do you have any hubs showing as duplicate?

Are you getting much traffic?

6. 4x4 profile image80
    4x4posted 6 years ago

The way I see it, we all follow hubbers one hubber at a time.
    So why not unfollow them one at a time as well?

I know in this fastfood age we have no patience for such things, but if you had the time to follow them in the first place, you need to put in some time too to unfollow. Hope that makes sense.

I have no idea following hubbers can make one's score low though.
    Godspeed in your endeavor.

7. ediggity profile image60
    ediggityposted 6 years ago

Wow, with a 65 score and 137 Hubs I thought your writing must suck, but I was completely wrong.  You have very well written Hubs, so maybe fanning all those people did screw you over.