jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Where did the edit button go?

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

Is it just me, or has the "edit" button disappeared off the posts on the forums?

I can see it on this thread, but not on any of the existing threads I've just posted on.

1. pisean282311 profile image58
      pisean282311posted 6 years ago in reply to this

not it is not just u...i too saw that...

2. Fawntia profile image
      Fawntiaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You cannot edit a post in the "Official HubPages Announcements" forum while the Food contest is going on. We did this to prevent cheating on the Daily Puzzle.

Other posts (in every forum) can only be edited for a few hours after the post was made.

Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Fawntia, I think I know that by now!  Yesterday, I was trying to go back and edit my post about five minutes after making it. 

I understand now about the Official forum, but the Knowledge Exchange forum wasn't letting me edit either.  May be fixed now - will post again if not.

2. sunforged profile image74
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

also am missing it

edit - worked in this thread - is it only missing in the official announcement category?

Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

(edit) - no, it's missing in my post on the Knowledge Exchange as well.

3. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 6 years ago

I just edited a post I made in another thread.... Hasn't the edit button only ever been there for a short time after posting?

Edited to add - the edit showed up as soon as I made a post....  Nothing's wrong or missing...

4. profile image0
    ralwusposted 6 years ago

hmmm, am looking for it on the ceiling, nothing, on the wall, nothing. Where is it? Oh, there it is. One needs to post first. big_smile

working