jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

My views are on a steady decline and I am beginning to be bothered

1. Dobson profile image81
    Dobsonposted 6 years ago

I understand there are several variables that come into play and the traffic will ebb and flow, but lately mine is all flow. My hub score remains about as high as it can possibly go, so i feel I am creating worthwhile hubs. I have linked and linked and linked, doen my SEO research, tweaked and betterd my hubs, yet the trend is negative. I will listen to any suggestions.

2. 0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

I can only speak for myself. A large part of your hub portfolio consists of your ongoing story. You had opened a forum thread requesting critique of Jenny's Life. I posted there and offered to critique it chapter by chapter, one every day. You responded, which I took as an acceptance. I did critique the first chapter on the forum immediately, then awaiting your feedback as agreed. You never came back, so that initiative did not go further. When someone reaches out to you, responding enthusiastically would have been more conducive to generating traffic, in my opinion.

Dobsonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Apparently I missed your reply, I am not sure how, but I will look for it now. I apologize for this as i certainly welcome any reply. I do not expect the ongoing story to generate massive numbers, it is just a personal project.

1. 0
        Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Apology accepted, I enjoyed reading that. "Personal project," why be so modest about it? It is important, but it has to be promoted the right way.

Dobsonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I am open to any suggestions about promotion as I am not so strong in that regard.

1. 0
            Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well, I can still critique Jenny on the forum; not that this will guarantee views but it can be a point of reference and some people may notice.

I started a forum thread to find out who writes "serials" on HubPages; if and when I decide to write a hub about that, surely your story will be included.

You can also connect with other writers and agree to link to one another's stories. You can start forum threads on how to promote serial fiction on HubPages. Just a few ideas...

3. Len Cannon profile image89
    Len Cannonposted 6 years ago

Well, you have stories posted, I guess.  As someone who has spent too much time following serialized fiction (comic book, mostly), there is a simple fact that everyone knows about an ongoing story: the longer it is, the more people will drop off after the first issue.

In general, you'll eventually attract all the people you can attract given a topic and they'll stick with it for awhile, but one by one they'll drop off for a variety of reasons.

4. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago

Maybe someone has plagiarized your articles and is stealing your traffic. Do some text-string searches and you’ll find out right away. I hope I’m wrong.