jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (13 posts)

eBay BS

1. spacebull profile image59
    spacebullposted 9 years ago

Hi all,

Just wanted to let everyone know that eBay "randomly" turns down applications. I applied when I was making my HubPages account and made Hubs with eBay links and sent people to eBay, but with NO error message and NO "Your application was denied" notice, e-mail or anything I see that they've turned down my application and that's it. They wrote me a BS e-mail with BS list of possible reasons and stated they I might contact eBay directly, but I might or might not receive an answer.

Take care!

2. spacebull profile image59

Update on eBay unprofessionalism:

I've sent them e-mail via CJ panel many days ago demanding that exact reason for application rejection be given and I'm yet to hear anything from them. This is so crappy business from eBay.

3. spacebull profile image59

Update: eBay fixed the problem

Ok, I've got an offer in my CJ panel from eBay to start advertising them. Seems like they've noticed they've made a mistake. Now they look better smile eBay is now cool! smile

4. Wino profile image82
    Winoposted 9 years ago

No, you're wrong. Ebay still sucks in MANY ways.

5. SunSeven profile image60
    SunSevenposted 9 years ago

Hi spacebull,

Even though I have valid accounts with ebay and amazon, I never earned anything from them. So I removed them from my Hub account just to avoid the clutter. Now my adsense ads are not only more visible and prominent, they attracts more clicks as well. Perhaps you should also try this after experimenting with them for some time. I guess if a comparitive study of these three ad elements are taken across the Hubbers who have all three accounts, Adsense might be be the winner by a long margin. Of course, I might be wrong. Any views regarding this from the more experienced senior Hubbers will be most helpful.

6. waynet profile image47
    waynetposted 9 years ago

I agree there, amazon and ebay do not get many clicks on the stuff that I place on my hubs, as I do think it's just information people want from these hubs, and they'll do their shopping elsewhere( Although impulse buying is common!) I guess you really have to optimise your hubs for the amazon and ebay modules, when I have the time I'm going to try and experiment with the titles to these modules and get some lower end and higher end keywords in there, just trial and error sort of thing.

I've made sales over on squidoo out of the ebay and amazon modules, but you can have a little more control over the html in the description part of your modules, so that's maybe why!

7. Maddie Ruud profile image81
    Maddie Ruudposted 9 years ago

I do get $ from my ebay and amazon capsules...  I think it has to do with what you write about.

8. spacebull profile image59

Thanks all for replying.

9. tree profile image61
    treeposted 9 years ago

ebay goes a little deeper than just buying, selling and cash etc.. it is also an information hub....... to quote that matrix film... the rabbit hole is deep.. we are infested with termites... sell somthing on ebay thats worth $1.. a piece of crap... put the reserve at $1000 and see what happens.. do not put your real card details in.. the game is to get a stupid answer, not to sell.. if a muppet buys.. well you make $1000.. be cool... it works.. its all about the code.. not what your selling

1. waynet profile image47
      waynetposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Words of wisdom! on a windy day, come to me words of wisdom for my brain has been fried too much of late....words of wisdom where have you gone???!

10. BenChessOpenings profile image60
    BenChessOpeningsposted 8 years ago

With so many applications coming in they are bound to make mistakes.

11. stubbs profile image73
    stubbsposted 8 years ago

Never made anything on amazon but make a fair bit through eBay. As said before it's what to put the capsules and what not to

12. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 8 years ago

I'd have to agree more with what Maddie said.  A lot of what drives an Amazon or eBay sale on HubPages is due to the product choices of the author and how well they are writing about items.