jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Upload Videos

1. profile image60
    PriyankaJposted 6 years ago

Hello,

Can I upload videos in HubPages from YouTube which originally do not belong to me but are related to my topic.

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 6 years ago

I can't see any problem, Hubbers certainly use a variety of videos from YouTube all the time. Some people believe it is better to ask for permission, but it is my impression that these are in the minority.

You will be using the video capsule for this purpose, which means the videos are embedded.

http://hubpages.com/guide/hubtool/capsules

1. profile image60
      PriyankaJposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the info.
      It will help me make my hub more informative.
      Thanks

3. Peter Hoggan profile image86
    Peter Hogganposted 6 years ago

Actually no you can’t, that would be a breach of copyright unless you have a copy of the video and the express permission of the owner to do so. You can embed them into your hub however. There is no need to ask permission, the videos were uploaded to YouTube and are still delivered by YouTube not HubPages. If someone didn’t want their video viewed they wouldn’t upload it to YouTube in the first place.

1. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

There is no way to "upload" videos to HubPages, the only method is embedding - which is the method I described and what I had in mind.

1. profile image60
        PriyankaJposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Surely, that's right.

4. Peter Hoggan profile image86
    Peter Hogganposted 6 years ago

Do I really have to dumb down that much for you guys?!!!

1. agvulpes profile image88
      agvulpesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

What's the name of this Forum?
      Oh yeah "Need Help? Ask here."
      cool

1. Peter Hoggan profile image86
        Peter Hogganposted 6 years ago in reply to this

OK - THE DUMBED DOWN VERSION

OP: Can I upload videos in HubPages from YouTube which originally do not belong to me but are related to my topic.

In resonse to the above I clearly stated right at the very beginning of my comment that this could not be done. Its the bit that says Actually no you can’t. Yet both PriyankaJ and Website Examiner both come back at me saying there is no way to "upload" videos to HubPages.

Help was given, but perhaps like the PriyankaJ and Website Examiner you didn’t read my comment or missed this salient point.

1. agvulpes profile image88
          agvulpesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Given the information that PriyankaJ had only been on HubPages for less than 24 hours and feeling his way, I felt that your initial statement was at best ambiguous.
          I feel that Website Examiner gave a clear explanation, where your statement implies that the only reason that it can't be done is due to copyright and I quote:
          "Peter Hoggan wrote:
          Actually no you can’t, that would be a breach of copyright unless you have a copy of the video and the express permission of the owner to do so."
          You do not make the point that Hubpages does not allow direct 'uploading' of videos to the capsule regardless of whether you have a video you own or not!
          Maybe we have a language problem?

working