jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Copied Hub

1. emievil profile image83
    emievilposted 6 years ago

I don't know if I'm in the right category so feel free to report this post to have it moved to the right one.

I was just notified that one of my hubs was actually copied in 2 separate sites - voicedup.com and alloutbangalore.com. I sent DMCA complaints to Google against both sites and also emailed voicedup.com about the copied content. I can't find the email address in alloutbangalore.com though so I posted a comment under the same article.

What's weird is that voicedup.com put me as the correspondent for the same article (without a link whatsoever). I don't know if this is a common thing though.

Haven't found any other hubs copied but then again I only have a short time to look into the site.

By the way, just want to say thanks to the HP Team. I wouldn't have found these sites if it weren't for the notice from the team. smile

1. travelespresso profile image83
      travelespressoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Emievil - its aggravation you just DON'T need isn't it?

Hope you get it sorted and soon.  I don't have any answers for you but you have some of my positive energy as you hunt down the thieves!

emievilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sorry took me so long to reply. Had to go out for a meeting.

Yup, it's something I didn't definitely need.

Thanks for the positive thoughts travelespresso. Hoping to hear from Google soon smile.

2. Joe8943 profile image80
    Joe8943posted 6 years ago

I just had a similar situation with one of my hubs posted on two separate sites with no mention of me.  I found it when I was checking some of my hubs to see how they were ranking in google.  Fortunately they are not copied anywhere anymore but if you don't check occasionally HP may not always catch it and you will lose traffic to someone who doesn't deserve it.  It's great that someone finds your work so good it's worth stealing but frustrating and time consuming to fix and check on.  Definitely not a fun situation.

emievilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Definitely not a fun situation. It almost ruined my whole morning smile. and I just discovered they deleted my comment, the one informing them that the article was copied!