jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

Fan Club-- Addition and removal of hubbers by other hubbers.

1. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60
    VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 7 years ago

I asked some questions to a hubber, who was in my fan club for over one year. Those questions are very critical, which relates to basic  policy matters of my country, region, language and culture. Suddenly I saw my name removed from her fan club. Never did I felt honoured to be in her fan club. It was she who took my name and I reciprocated.  Instead of answering my questions, she did something else. But I never will compromise on my principles. And expect others to be so.

2. relache profile image85
    relacheposted 7 years ago

You can't join or leave a fan club by anyone's actions except your own.

You can deny fan mail, but you can't remove fans/followers.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

I think it's a gross violation of her privacy to expect her to answer questions. I would probably unfollow you after that too.

It's possible she liked your writing, nothing more...

VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 7 years ago in reply to this

No privacy related questions were asked nor am I such one.  It is related to our cultural and ethical instinct which is respected by all  in our place. If someone violates that culture every other person will question that. Some people disregard the aspirations of a majority people. They are hellbent on destroying the culture of our land, while saying they represent this culture.

Mr.Uninvited writer,  your name itself is "uninvited" and I wont bother if you follow me or anyone else.  I dont know if she liked my writing..., but she defended me in critical times in HP. That is all.  Nothing moe...

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
        Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Not a Mr... lol And no need to be rude, I was stating my opinion.

4. profile image0
    kimberlyslyricsposted 7 years ago

Curious, did you have her permission then to post a transaction of her personal and normal hubtivity?  I hope next you don't name  her.

She did nothing wrong

sorry but it looks like you did

So who is over dramatizing one hubber leaving your fan club

be glad you have 23 as of now

Good luck to you

Curious.  Does anyone need other's permission to post a comment of others' hubtivity ?

I never said she did any wrong...   Certainly not me also. 

I never feel high on getting more fans in the fan-clubs. Everyone joined only after reading my valuable comments.  I would rather like intelligent people more than charming people. 

People pretending to be loyal to one culture and undermining it on the other side will never go a long way in their career.

I just wanted the HP to be a high profile organisation, with a free flow of intelligence and knowledge.  It should not be used for advertising and promotional posts.

1. relache profile image85
        relacheposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Oh, really?  Then what was your point in starting this thread and making public complaints?

Does my comments look like complaints to you?   Excuse me if it looks like that.   

I think HP is a knowledge forum. 

(Not for promoting cinemas and cine actors.)

1. psycheskinner profile image82
            psycheskinnerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You comment is a complaint. I don't see you raising anything to discuss.

2. relache profile image85
            relacheposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Is that why in the nearly two years you've been a member of this site you haven't published so much as a single Hub?

5. Shadesbreath profile image86
    Shadesbreathposted 7 years ago

Dude, write a hub or something.  I can't see why you care about followers anyway, since, um, they don't have anything to follow.

6. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 7 years ago

I stopped following somebody after I discovered their politics were radically different than mine and they spoke out in really disgusting ways in the forums!  Yes, I admit I did that, it wasn't this fellow here but someone else.  I always wondered if they even noticed.  Probably not.  I know I've lost fans sometimes, its the nature of the way the world is.  No one is obligated to continue following someone if they don't like them -you wouldn't do that in the real world, why should you in the cyber world?  Toughen up and don't worry - stick to your principles but don't worry about other people's!  That's what I think!

working