jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (12 posts)

I need to know . . .

1. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 6 years ago

what kind of names are permitted in the forums - if I want to call some guy a pussy, I assume that is not permitted, but pussycat would be ok?

how about nincompoop?  useless shabby swine? unutterably despicable crapper? party poop? 

and what is it that YOU need to know?  I wonder.

See, in this thread you get a CHOICE!  Answer my question or someone else's or ask one! 

get set

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 6 years ago

I suggest you read the forum rules, especially the third point entitled "personal attacks."

1. tobey100 profile image62
      tobey100posted 6 years ago in reply to this

That, would be a great place to start!

3. TattooVirgin profile image60
    TattooVirginposted 6 years ago

I opt for NO profanity, who needs it?

4. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 6 years ago

so basically, even if the other guy KNOWS we're being funny with each other?  no calling someone a stink magnet?

1. Ivorwen profile image84
      Ivorwenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sorry.  Gotta save that for in person, when you can have a good time calling each other names based on one particular thing, and see who can be the most creative.  I mean, how many types of magnets are there?  How many can you come up with? 

My brother use to get into 'fights' where they would call each other engine parts.  Usually started with 'dipstick' and ended with 'cracked engine block!'

You'd better even be careful with those affectionate names.  Some people really take offence at being called 'Smoochy poo'.  sad

5. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 6 years ago

you guys are real, real serious!  ok, no jokes about forums or hub rules or name calling...  it is possible to lighten up now and then, though!

6. mega1 profile image80
    mega1posted 6 years ago

I'll wait til the "Liberals" get here and see what they say!  lol

7. Daniel Carter profile image90
    Daniel Carterposted 6 years ago

If you called him "Dick" it could be taken wrong, especially if his name is Percy.

8. timorous profile image92
    timorousposted 6 years ago

Awww...you mean you can't call someone a "snotty-faced heap of parrot droppings"? *  mad

*from Monty Python's Flying Circus, btw.

1. 0
      Home Girlposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Can you just send this person e-mail and tell him/her everything you think about him ...er, personally?  Enrich him with your knowledge.

9. Stimp profile image80
    Stimpposted 6 years ago

I think Mega, you and I joined about the same time and there were nighs (and I believe you were there) where we just started goofy forums for the sole purpose of jabbing each other.  There were the regulars and there were some who would "drop" out because we took THEIR forum to an all time low.  Oh, those were the days.  Now, it seems that hubbers are getting harrassed or whatever by outsiders (or maybe other hubbers) and HP has cracked down.  Those were the days though....can't sleep...spending 3, 4 even 5 hours on HP just sitting in the forums and getting to know others.  I've been gone for a couple months...and I'm seeing a whole new culture, alot of new "avatars" and saddly, a few of my pals have disappeared.