Anyone joined the Keywords Academy lately?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (39 posts)
  1. travelespresso profile image67
    travelespressoposted 13 years ago

What's your experience with the Keywords Academy?  Do you recommend it?

Several months ago there was a lot of forum talk about it, but lately I've heard nothing.

travelespressoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Anyone else have any experience of Keywords Academy?.  Much appreciated!

2. netlexis profile image63
      netlexisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I did the trial for a month, but then decided not to join. Not that there isn't a lot of good stuff there, but it's mostly about picking the most profitable keywords. And although that is important, there is a whole bunch of other stuff needed to make a hub, blog or website successful. For me, I've decided I can find the keyword research information elsewhere on the Internet, so it's not worth it, especially at the new higher monthly price. Ultimately, I believe most of the success for Internet writing and marketing is a lot of testing.

Interesting - thanks netlexis.  I also thought they helped  with(tips/how to etc) to set up a website in that first month.  Was that your experience?

2. sunforged profile image70
        sunforgedposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thats not quite accurate.

Yes,The keyword method they teach can actually be found for free if you dig through Courts old blog...but thats a needle in a haystack endeavor.

The monthly fee, even if its gone up, covers membership in tons of software and coop programs - If you didnt discover that aspect and participate you wasted your trial month. (the fault could lie in their presentation and not your detection skills)

Admittedly, your current skill and income level is very relevant.

If one was brand new and willing to follow step by step, I would consider TKA irreplaceable.

If one was seeing first signs of success - say 10/day - but still didnt own any of their own sites - then TKA would be invaluable.

But, if you already set in your ways (as I was) and have diversified method then one would only pay monthly if they were using the advanced tools - I cant say that the webinars and forums were anything new if you had a few years under your belt..but if you dont own personal software - the group memberships still would make it worth a spin.

1. netlexis profile image63
          netlexisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You're right, there are some good elements, especially if you're new. And it's not like you have to sign up for a lifetime membership. I considered signing up for a few months, but like I said it didn't ring my bells for the price.

sunforgedposted 13 years ago

I dint stay on as a long time member but I def 100% support it - I wish I had found the program when I first started -  plus the extra interforum and article promotion options that they have created are hugely powerful

I point out my support here: http://hubpages.com/hub/Make-Money-Writ … om-adsense

BTW, I just checked the TKA site and the price has gone up. 
      It's still $1 for the first month but then the basic package is $59mo and the premium $67.

3. sunforged profile image70

sorry - but I guess that doesnt answer the question - I havent joined lately - its been close to a year since I checked in on them

Thanks sunforged, its still helpful. 

I think at this stage it will be very helpful for me.  I want to develop a new website and have so many questions about a variety of stuff!  Your hubs have been MOST useful but at the moment, I still have many questions without answers.

I also wonder about how much time I will need to devote to it.

1. sunforged profile image70

i would suggest that if you pay the money for such a program that you wholeheartedly devote yourself to following the method.

if you dont take advantage of the options there ..then its not worth a membership.

you can turn a profit witth as little as one hours work a day - if you are systematic w/ your approach

I agree you need to put in the effort to reap the rewards. 

If one hour a day or even two hours a day is what's required I can do it.  I am very systematic and I work very quickly when I put my mind to it.  But if it required much more than 15 hours per week then I would really struggle with the commitment at the moment.

Again, I appreciate your input sunforged. 

Hopefully some other hubbers will add their comments to this.

2. Lily Rose profile image85
        Lily Roseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's exactly what pulled me away from staying there - the time necessary to devote to it just wasn't there for me.  Well, that and money - the monthly fee after the first month was just not doable for me. 

It's been close to a year since I joined and took advantage of the first month for $1 - it helped me tremendously but I also experienced "information overload", or too much "input" (that's for you, SF!).  I got so much out of it, though, that I do highly recommend it.  You can't go wrong if they're still offering the first month for $1 and no obligation after that...

Sorry not very recent info, but thought it might be useful in some way!

Your comments are still helpful and very relevant Lily Rose.  Thanks. 
          How much time do you think you need to (or should) spend to absorb and use the information?  In saying that I realise that everyone is different!

1. Lily Rose profile image85

Oh my, that's a hard one.  When I first started I was brand new to this and had no knowledge whatsoever about making money online or SEO or anything.  I could not believe how much I was learning and how fast it was all coming at me!  When I started, I would easily spend 10+ hours online, but that involved learning and doing, plus taking breaks to surf and check email and such...

I know that doesn't answer your question...I would say at least a few hours several days a week should be devoted to it...

Good luck!

I din't have any knowledge whatsoever either and this past 9 months here (minus 3 months when I did nothing on HP), has been a VERY steep but thoroughly enjoyable learning curve. 
              However, there is still much more for me to learn and I have many ideas which is why I'm thinking about TKA. 
              Thanks for your comment about the time - I know its a hard one.  I have that time and more at the moment.

smile

need input

1. Lily Rose profile image85

Didn't know if you'd see that!  How's baby life?  Have you posted any updates or pictures?

...sorry for the minor hijack!...

4. sunforged profile image70

This may be a generalization, but I dont think you will find many TKA members openly stating they are involved with TKA. Most wont be to active with the HP forum as its rather introductory compared to the TKA forum. TKA doesnt create HP community members , it creates online marketers.

In the method - A Hubpage is just one part of a larger network of sites - often those who use the program and HP write terrible tripe that is damn near unreadable - since the Hubpages only purpose is to serve as a backlink to an actual money site.

The method is strong and is not new per say - but the way they teach keyword research is irreplaceable.

the best way to find TKA writers? check the latest hubs for obvious keyword rich titles and find plain profiles with very focused one topic/ one keyword range hubs all written in a very similar formula - then take their keywords and write better articles, lol.. (example : Blue winter Sweaters, Bright orange Bouncy balls, Midwest car insurance) you ll know them when you see them

No really, the problem w alot of online courses and training is that people never seem to add their own personal touches and variations so can be easily spotted as following the newest fad.

If you do follow the program, be sure to step it up a notch and be a stronger writer and more quality focused then they focus on and you will probably see huge rewards (as long as your keyword research is strong)

It's always been difficult for me to "fit into any box" sunforged, which reading between the lines I think you're suggesting! lol

But, I take your point regarding the knowledge one can accumulate through such an approach!  I need that and will surely adapt.

5. sunforged profile image70

Just to be clear, Im saying do not "fit into the box"  adapt and modify what you learn in a way that makes it yours

Yep - I got that!  I've just finished reading the hub you recommended and rated it up.

1. How to - Answers profile image93
        How to - Answersposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I have been reading this thread with interest.  I too have looked at the TKA and wondered if it was worth joining.  But couldnt afford it so have gone the way you, Sunforged have suggested. 

I have being trying to spot the obvious keyword packed hubs but not very successfully,  Your list above has helped.

Oh to be able to earn that much money from writing like the person in the advert for TKA states.  I too am very good at sticking to writing, like yourself, travelespresso sometimes 8 to 12  hours at a stretch because  I love writing.  I have only just opened this second account with which I hope are keyword packed hubs.

6. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 13 years ago

I looked hard at joining TKA, but I didn't want to spend the money.  I don't am not focused enough on one topic, which I really need to be to make any money.  I just haven't found that one topic (for me) that is going to generate an income.  I don't fit into the box either or the circle.

It's OK to spend the money but like many people time is more critical. I want to (and need to) learn more and so that's why I'm seriously considering TKA.

Some hubbers have written about the virtues of TKA and are using them as affiliates but it seems that they haven't gone through the course.

7. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

I have never joined TKA myself, the few people who I know who have tried it out ended up leaving.

Reasons were along the lines of basic/common sense information being provided and their seo guru's simply regurgitating old information while maintaining some rather large egos.

However, I have seen a lot of posts saying good things about the program.  Not sure if it is just good for newbies, or whether it is good for old and new alike.

Personally I just prefer to do my own research on marketing techniques, and there is a plethora of free information out there which can keep you solvent!

Thanks for those comments thisisoli.  Much appreciated.

Its still worth the trial for advanced marketers - Actually, those that are more advanced could more quickly take advantage of the most powerful aspects of the community

8. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 13 years ago

If you're serious about making money online, the one thing that you have to get used to, is that this is a business that is constantly changing - and you need to know how to teach yourself stuff to be on the cutting edge. (If you wait till it hits the bloggers, you aren't it at the most profitable point.)

I am always learning new things and it can take hours and hours to get it right. My first wordpress blog made me throw up - seriously. Now I have dozens.

Learning how to install popshops - OMG - that was miserable.

And now writing for google adsense to make serious money. I'm used to writing around products. It was a totally different animal to write for advertising, with no products at all on the page. I've been having nightmares - no kidding. But I did find the TKA very useful, and continue to be a member.

After nearly 10 years in this biz, I still have days where I feel totally defeated. So don't worry if you have to spend hours fretting at TKA to get it spot on.

9. gracenotes profile image89
    gracenotesposted 13 years ago

@travelespresso,

I was a member of TKA for a few months, but cancelled shortly before their price hikes.  I could not afford the new monthly membership fee, but this could change.

There is more to their site than just keyword research, but you have to invest your time there wisely.

I, for one, enjoyed listening to the webinar presentations they provide, and I got a lot out of the basic ones.

10. lrohner profile image68
    lrohnerposted 13 years ago

I've been following Court for a couple of years now but just joined TKA today. As of this moment, I am bored TO TEARS because, as SF pointed out, Court has covered this stuff before.
    If Nelle and SunForged see long-term value, though, then I'm in. I know that there's a ton I don't know, it's just getting through the basic, basic stuff that hurts.

*off to get another cup of coffee*

skip right ahead to the GPS , content current (something like that), article marketing aspects

1. lrohner profile image68
        lrohnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Very cool. Thank you. I almost blew my brains out earlier sitting through 46 minutes of how to figure out which keywords a person has a reasonable chance of ranking for.

Which brings up a question, SF (or anyone)...One thing Court and Mark didn't cover is relevancy of the search results when evaluating your keywords. Let's say I'm searching for "quotes from famous people" and the first page of results are quotes for auto insurance. Wouldn't you think that all you needed to do was be the first relevant search result, even if it was in position #10 or the second page? I would think that anyone searching for quotations would keep clicking until they found a relevant site.

The same holds true for some products. If I'm looking for info or reviews on a product and the first ten results are all stores just selling the darn thing, do I really need to compete with them or just be the first relevant search?

Any thoughts?

1. thisisoli profile image71
          thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Relevancy is not so much an issue so much nowadays, it used to be a huge problem, but Google has pretty much cut out irrelevant results.

There are still a few spots where you can catch a break on this, but it is getting pretty rare!

huh? this comment is irrelevant smile

she is speaking in english, not in seo

I would follow your reasoning.

But, such results arent supposed to happen smile ..if you have a term where that is happening you probably are more likely to eventually outrank the irrelevant returns.

In general, yes, you would still have to consider them competition since your viewers may not be quite so discerning as you when scanning the results. But hey maybe they are, your describing an event that isnt easy to quantify and measure.

1. lrohner profile image68
            lrohnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks SF. I've actually run into this quite a bit lately while researching for DS, but of course can't replicate it now to give you an example.

2. travelespresso profile image67

Is the caffeine still keeping you awake Irohner? smile

I hope the "skip ahead" solution offered by Sunforged worked!  Keep us posted!

11. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 13 years ago

Lissie is an enthusiastic member and here's what she has to say about it.

http://lissowerbutts.com/keyword-academ … urse-scam/

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)