jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

1. Pamela Kinnaird W profile image87
    Pamela Kinnaird Wposted 6 years ago

There is a hub on here which I think is recent -- at least I never saw the title before -- and it is despicable no matter how jaded one is or how able one is to justify the difference between black from some imaginary grey area.  I flagged it approximately 36 hours ago.  How long, generally, does it take Hubpages to review it and make a decision?  I asked for them to contact me to let me know the decision.  Do they give one the courtesy of that if asked?  Do they email me through my home email account?  I realize I'm no loss to Hubpages if I delete my account. But it would be a great loss to me to sell my principles just to post a few articles on some website.  I won't be doing that.  And no, I didn't read the horribly titled so-called article.

1. Pamela Kinnaird W profile image87
      Pamela Kinnaird Wposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'll be out all day, so I'll check in later.

2. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

1) In my experience, flagging over the weekend when the staff is either out or at reduced capacity takes longer than a flagging Tues-Fri.  (it's obvious on Monday there is weekend backlog)

2) I can't say as I've never asked them to notify me.  After all, they make the final evaluations, and if they find a violation, the Hub is gone.  I would never ask them to waste their valuable time just following up with me.

3) If you have your account set to allow contact, whatever email you have entered in the system is what is used for communications.

2. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

I'm not clear why you would delete your account?

if it's a hub which violates TOS, it will be reviewed and/or removed.

3. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

If I find something that violates TOS for either HubPages or Google Adsense, then I flag the hub for review.

I'm not interested in whether HubPages does anything about it, because it is HubPages problem and does not have an effect on my writing.

The overall perspective/perception of HubPages is more worrisome for HubPages Staff than it is for the members. As a member, we help HubPages Staff, by bringing attention to the Hubs we as members think that warrant attention.

They have no reason to follow up with me, and it would be selfish to expect them to tell me about the decisions they make with regards to their business. I help where I can, and move on with the rest. smile