jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Keyword monthly searches

1. Richieb799 profile image66
    Richieb799posted 6 years ago

Hi, I have recently ranked fairly high for a particular keyword on my website, however it is only receiving 880 monthly searches.. Can this amount of traffic change drastically? its just I would of figure it would get a bit more traffic than it does and its still 2 months away from the event s I'm hoping to get an influx of traffic closer to the event

Thanks for any opinions in reply to this question

1. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

2. darkside profile image85
      darksideposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think that by the end of September you'll have a definite answer to this question.

2. Richieb799 profile image66

Ah thanks relache, nice to here this from a veteran smile Its actually for a pretty big event.

3. Susana S profile image92
    Susana Sposted 6 years ago

If the phrase is long tail, after time you can often rank for a shorter part of the phrase which often has higher search volume. So for instance if the long tail phrase was, "How to get baby sleeping through the night" after several months you might find that you're starting to rank for "baby sleeping", but this usually happens once your initial phrase is at number 1 (from my experience anyway.)

You might also find you start ranking well for several long tails which use a combination of words in your main title.

I'd say help your article along with some backlinks and see if you can get it to number 1 in the search results.

4. Richieb799 profile image66

Hi Susana, Its not really a Long Tail Keyword, Its only 3 words.. and its also ranking on pages 2 & 4 for 2 other combinations

I've done plenty of Backlinks too it! smile and I will keep doing more..thanks to Ryan Kett's helpful hubs on the topics!

5. Info Bucket profile image75
    Info Bucketposted 6 years ago

Richie, can we be friends man??