Help to increase hub score.

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (17 posts)
  1. birellar profile image61
    birellarposted 13 years ago

Can you please tell me how can i increase my hub score? which most important activity should i do? Please help.

1. Sylvie Strong profile image61
      Sylvie Strongposted 13 years agoin reply to this

As other posters have pointed out, your hubscore does not matter so long as it is over 75.  There are hubbers that place great importance on their hubscore and aspire to be as close to 100 as possible.  But these motives have more to do with wanting to be a part of the hubpages community than any practical utility to you.  Focus on getting over 75 (you are close already).  If you have been regularly publishing quality content, chances are your hubscore will pop over 75 without any change in your strategy.  Hubscore increases over time.  Otherwise the best advice I have is to keep publishing high quality hubs until you get over 75 (probably best to get your score to a little over 80 as a safety cushion).  By the way, I am making the assumption that you are using Hubpages as not only a source of revenue but also a source of quality backlinks to other sites.  If you do not have other sites, then your hubscore does not matter much at all.

1. Sylvie Strong profile image61
        Sylvie Strongposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So I have skimmed a couple of your hubs, Birrelar.  You are obviously knowledgeable about your subject matter...it synchs with your career.  But work on improving the user experience of your hubs.  This will increase the score of each hub and will give you the extra boost you need to get your hubscore over 75.  I note that each of your hubs is quite short.  Try to have at least 500 words in each hub...700-1000 is even better.  Try to use some of the many capsules available, including video, picture, newsfeed, rss, amazon, and links.  Right now, the couple of hubs I looked at were all 1 capsule of text.

2. profile image0
        Website Examinerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Most important of all:

- Some of your hubs are duplicates on articles found on Ezinearticles and several other sites around the Internet;
        - At least on of your Hubs are written in German. HubPages is an English only site.

HubPages penalizes this kind of sub-standard content by lowering your author score. Until you have solved the problems, it is likely to remain below 75.

3. Rochelle Frank profile image92
        Rochelle Frankposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There are a few things you can do.
        1. HubPages requires English-- One of your hubs is in German.
        2. Some of your English hubs use unusual wordings and unusual grammar.
        3. Duplicate content brings your score down, so if you have posted the same content on other sites, or if you have borrowed from other sites, your score will stay low.
        A quick Google search of the opening paragraph of four of your hubs shows that they are posted elsewhere.

Edit: Sorry WE-- you called it first.

1. profile image0

No problem. Let's just say I said it first, you said it better.

The OP must be taking an extended nap...

1. Rochelle Frank profile image92
            Rochelle Frankposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Isn't it amazing how many of these questions we get from duplicators? I must say the German one did surprise me-- wonder if it was original?

1. profile image0

It is amazing - more often than not, the people asking these questions end up shooting themselves in the foot.

The one in German was published on sites on the Internet (IT news sites) in October 2009.

2. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 13 years ago

Most of the pro hubbers don't look at their hub score at all - it won't effect your traffic or earnings.

Interacting on the forums and writing good quality content will increase it however.

1. profile image0

The OP would want the author score to be at 75 or above, as otherwise backlinks will be no follow, which could hurt traffic to external sites and earnings.

1. eclecticeducation profile image59
          eclecticeducationposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am new to writing for HubPages, so that is good to know.

3. Electric Feel profile image61
      Electric Feelposted 13 years ago

Not that my hubscore can talk, but interacting with the Hub-munity, and new fresh articles will certainly help. Providing content that is not cookie cutter will help over time as well.

4. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 13 years ago
    5. Cheeky Girl profile image65
      Cheeky Girlposted 13 years ago

Write about things that you are sure people will read about, and possibly about subjects that people search for in search engines too, as you will come up in people's search results. Having a niche can be useful, but many people diversify into many subjects. I favour that method myself.

Use the many different media that Hub Pages capsules offer you, photos, links, html, amazon, ebay, polls, and many more besides.

There's a lot to be said for participating in the Hubs community too. People who see your link here, can click and go to your profile page, thus any of your hubs. So getting in the forums regularly will get you traffic within the Hub community.

If you have a Blog or external website that can backlink to your hubs, that will help bring in external traffic, which will bring more people to Hubs overall. And improve your rating here.

Use the advice left here by hubbers and you won't go wrong. Best of luck on Hub pages.

1. harrist profile image61
        harristposted 13 years agoin reply to this

More than 1000 words, 3 original pictures 2 Youtube Video and with little trick's :-) will do just fine :-)

6. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 13 years ago

Seems people just don't get it. Behind the OP's shiny facade there is an international corporation filling HubPages with duplicate, sub-standard content. This thread is just another example of the community being duped.

1. harrist profile image61
        harristposted 13 years agoin reply to this

International Corp. ?? you mean SEO company  right! I am not surprise with that stuff cause their client need Juicy Pagerank , cause in hubpages getting PR is easy than I think, at least its better then Adsense lol :-)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)