jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

I'm an advertiser, not a writer!

1. 0
    sandieganlizposted 6 years ago

I'm an advertiser, not a writer...and that's because I have to post, post, post in order to drive others to my own hubs. Reading other hubs and giving feedback isn't so bad to make such occur, especially because I don't do it just to have it occur...but sometimes it feels in order to share my writing, I have to post, post, post aka advertise. True or false? Good or bad? A must? Yes to all. big_smile

1. IzzyM profile image84
      IzzyMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No you don't have to post post post as you put it. You don't have to read other hubber's work, but it's nice if you do and you may even enjoy it, but it's not compulsory.
      Even advertisers have to write - and I do apologise for not going over and looking at your hubs - but if you are a 200 words bang 'em out type of writer, then Hubpages is not for you.
      You can still sell, but write a few more words to really give the reader information - info that other websites don't.
      That is a big advantage Hubpage writers have over other sites. We like to write ore than a paragraph. We try the give the reader real info, or entertainment or whatever we can write about.

2. Cagsil profile image85
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

If that is the way you see yourself, then I would suggest you close out your Google Adsense account.

Otherwise, your are a fraud, as a publisher for them. tongue

3. Paradise7 profile image86
    Paradise7posted 6 years ago

It really depends on what you want to do.  I think most people have some artistry in their souls, and it comes out in writing, music, dance, painting...all the time, we wish we could make some money at it, but we don't want to compromise our individual vision, and self-expression.

The best thing to do is decide what it is you're after, and go for it.  A heart that's torn is less effective, anyway!

Love from Paradise.

4. Dolores Monet profile image93
    Dolores Monetposted 6 years ago

If you wrote novels or whatever, you'd have to market yourself. I hate all the linking too, but...the best artist or writer or whatever in the world is nothing without marketing. No one would know that its (you're) there. (I hate it too)