jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

What spurs you to "follow" a writer?

1. Mom Kat profile image84
    Mom Katposted 6 years ago

How do you choose which writers you want to follow?
    What is your level of interst in reading their upcoming articles?
    Do you "follow" in hopes they will return the favor?
    Do you "follow" to fill that space on your profile page?

Just curious.

1. Lisa HW profile image83
      Lisa HWposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Most of the time it's that I'm under the impression they write some stuff similar a lot of the stuff I write.  Sometimes it may be that they have a niche-type-of thing, and I'm in interested in that.
      I can't say I'm waiting for their stuff to be published, or anything like that.  It's just that when I see they have something new, if I'm in a "reading mode", that's what I'll most likely read.
      I don't follow people hoping they'll follow me.  That's not how it's supposed to work.  On the other hand, what may be me to follow is something catching my attention when they follow me, and I look to see what they write.

The space on the profile page thing:  That never occurred to me.

2. worldgrandeur profile image69
    worldgrandeurposted 6 years ago

I follow mostly if they possess a great sense of humour, a good writing skills, and the quality of their writings if they are of interest to me.

3. LaMamaLoli profile image72
    LaMamaLoliposted 6 years ago

It varies for me. Some people I follow because they write really useful hubs on topics I want to learn about. Some because I like the way they write- they make me laugh- which is always good. Sometimes its because I like what they've said on the forums so i check them out and if I like their writing too I'll follow. So it depends really...

1. ScientificGear profile image60
      ScientificGearposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Agree. I get curious to look at their profiles & hubs when I like what they've said in the forums. If I'm interested with their hubs' topics I follow them.

4. 0
    Lecieposted 6 years ago

i usually try to follow new hubbers, if i like what they write, to encourage them to keep writing and enjoy hubpages. then sometimes i'll see a name in the forums of someone i haven't seen before, so i go to the page to see what they have and if i like at least one of their hubs i follow them.

5. PegCole17 profile image90
    PegCole17posted 6 years ago

I find new writers by reading their comments - It gives me a good idea of how they see the world and the people in it. I've found a few really great writers that way.