jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (17 posts)

Got my first clicks!

1. pb3847 profile image59
    pb3847posted 6 years ago

I've been a member of Hubpages for 2 months, but I've really only been actively making Hubs for about 4 weeks, and I got my first clicks yesterday.  It was a total of 3 clicks, and I got $2.06 for the whole package.  Apparently I'm targeting the right keywords...

I've recently also seen a huge spike in my traffic - it went from about 10 people a day a week ago to 30 people a day, mostly from Google searches

It's pretty cool to see some success so quickly.  I'm by no means an expert, but if anyone has any questions or anything, I'll be happy to answer them.  My ultimate goal is 100 Hubs, so I can only imagine what my numbers will look like then!

1. Sweetsusieg profile image85
      Sweetsusiegposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That's AWESOME!!  I've been keeping tabs on my clicks as well.  I have a grand total of $1.07, I was excited about that, I can only imagine you doin' the pee-pee dance where you are...

I'll have to go read your Hubs to see where I'm going wrong.

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image92
      DzyMsLizzyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

WOW!  I've had AdSense enabled on one of my blogs for a few months, and a couple of months ago, also put it on my Hub Pages account.

Yesterday, I looked up my "earnings."  They stand at a whopping {i]fourteen cents!!![/i]

My '$ earned' column reads "0."

So I'm not holding my breath for this to make me any kind of serious money.

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image92
        DzyMsLizzyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

RATS!!  I fumble-fingered the brackets, and missed the italics!  I do wish these posts remained in edit mode for 5 minutes, or could be deleted as with the comments on the hubs!

3. thooghun profile image86
      thooghunposted 6 years ago in reply to this

One last thing pb, as far as I know reporting Adsense earnings can get you banned (from Adsense) I might be being paranoid, but -- well -- thought you should know wink

1. pb3847 profile image59
        pb3847posted 6 years ago in reply to this

thanks for the info!  I won't mention exact numbers anymore wink

2. Sweetsusieg profile image85
        Sweetsusiegposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Me either..  didn't know that thanks...

4. profile image0
      Rhysjcposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I got my first clicks after about six days on HubPages. I got three in total and they were worth about the same as yours. I'm currently getting about 75 views per day smile I really hope your success continues to build! Have you recieved any more clicks since then?

2. nicregi profile image64
    nicregiposted 6 years ago

Seriously I am happy for you!

Congrates! Nice to have those clicks and it is even better to get a nice money out of it. At times I get only couple of cents for it each clicks sad

3. profile image0
    Uma07posted 6 years ago

Woohoo!Congratulations!I am so happy for you smile

4. thooghun profile image86
    thooghunposted 6 years ago

Congratulations pb, you're on your way to a success story wink

5. rancidTaste profile image55
    rancidTasteposted 6 years ago

congratulation pb3847 for this earnings.

3 clicks = $2.06.

This is really a very cool income....

Hope, to publish more hubs....

1. bileygur profile image61
      bileygurposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Congratulations.   This is at least great start, lets just hope it will congue and it will grow.

6. DzyMsLizzy profile image92
    DzyMsLizzyposted 6 years ago

Don't recall reading about the 'no posting of ad sense earnings.
    All these things that have so much legalese fine print get my goat!  Who can read or understad all that mumbo-jumbo, or remember it if they do and can? 
    Most of us cannot afford to hire a lawyer or keep on on retainer to 'translate' for us!!
    I'm in favor of the "K.I.S.S." principle!  Plain English, short, sweet and to the point!
    Too many conditions and restrictions only serve to confuse and complicate matters.
    I don't see what the big deal is if people want to compare their earnings--it helps others see what, if any the value is to such programs.
    So--if the fact that I posted my so-called "earnings" gets me banned from Ad Sense--I don't really give a rat's patoot!  I'm not seeing any real worth to the program, anyway!

7. Gypsy48 profile image76
    Gypsy48posted 6 years ago

Congrats! Wishing all of us many more clicks!

8. liljen23 profile image80
    liljen23posted 6 years ago

Congrats PB, I remember how happy I was to some clicks smile Keep hubbing and I wish you many more clicks..

9. Thumb86 profile image60
    Thumb86posted 6 years ago

its exciting isn't it! haha. I have been here for a little over two weeks and I have had some clicks. my total adsense earnings so far stand at £0.31! ha

working