jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (22 posts)

I have an importtant suggestion

1. bgamall profile image82
    bgamallposted 8 years ago

I have seen where having an adsense in the top left of a website gets alot of clicks. That pretty square blog at the right towards the middle of the hubpage should be moved to the top left. There would be more clicks.

Or could you test it on some hubs. Try mine first, lol.

bgamallposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Sorry, I meant the square ad, not blog.

2. profile image44
      badcompany99posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Deff a good point but try mine first, he's taking his dog for a walk smile

3. Paraglider profile image94
      Paragliderposted 8 years agoin reply to this

You mean, you want people to leave your hub from the top left corner, before reading a word of what you have to say, all for the sake of 2 cents? What about your message?

1. Aya Katz profile image84
        Aya Katzposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Well, that's the question, isn't it? Do we write in order to sell? Or do we sell in order to write?

If they are interested they will come back.

And two cents? Could be that there are better paying terms than the ones that pay 2 cents. smile  At least that is what I have been told. smile

2. dabeaner profile image58
    dabeanerposted 8 years ago

I second the motion, a big square ad below the headline/title, with text to the right of it alongside, then continuing full width below the ad and that initial bunch of text is supposedly a very profitable location.
    Worth implementing, I think.

3. bangawking000 profile image59
    bangawking000posted 8 years ago

how can we do that?

We can't. Hubpages has to do it. And badcompany wants this change too. Woo Hoo.

If you look at a chart of where ads are the most effective, the right middle is NOT the best. The left top is the best.

Like I said, me and badcompany can be the guinnea pigs. smile

1. profile image44
        badcompany99posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Top left is the best, the right has always been proven to be bad for adsense so I think you have made a great point.

4. kmackey32 profile image62
    kmackey32posted 8 years ago

I wanna be a guinnea pig too!! LOL

5. Dame Scribe profile image59
    Dame Scribeposted 8 years ago

I agree, top left is considered one of the best ad placements and .02 can add up with a lot of traffic wink

6. Misha profile image77
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

Actually knowing how much effort HP team places into optimizing the site, I would think they did consider this option, and if they don't use it, there is a good reason for that. smile

7. Dame Scribe profile image59
    Dame Scribeposted 8 years ago

Very true, Misha smile hope you been well.

8. Misha profile image77
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

Thanks Dame, I am fine smile Hope you are fine too smile

9. Whitney05 profile image83
    Whitney05posted 8 years ago

Like the idea, and I've heard the same thing. But, like Misha said, I'm sure HP has considered this and isn't using it for a reason.

If they would move the block ad to where our picture is and move that down to where the block ad is now, there would be many more clicks.

10. Misha profile image77
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

Yeah, they are conspiring against you LOL

11. girly_girl09 profile image78
    girly_girl09posted 8 years ago

Since I've been here, I've seen HP try out a few different layouts. So, maybe they'll try it someday. Obviously, it's in their best interest to create the best ad layouts! big_smile When they made some changes about 10 days ago, my earnings went down and I was really skeptical. It must've been a fluke because since then my earnings have been higher than ever due to their tweak. It really helped improve my CTR and I think that in turn delivered higher-paying ads to my hubs.

I've always thought that sites like ezinearticles have really poorly placed ads, not for earning purposes but for aesthetic reasons.

One thing that I love about HPs placement of ads is that it looks pretty good to the reader and doesn't look really desperate like Ezinearticles does.

1. dabeaner profile image58
      dabeanerposted 8 years agoin reply to this

You have to decide if you want aesthetics or clicks.  With AdSense (or any advertising), profitable placement may not be the "prettiest".  It's not a question of "desperation".  You have to decide if you are in it for "ego-boo" or for clicks.  If for ego-boo, you can always opt out of the AdSense, I think, and then spend hours on the layout of each Hub, to make them "just right", and then maybe just stick an Amazon capsule at the bottom.

I would agree. Ezinearticles are everywhere. It doesn't seem to matter to google how ugly they are. I don't think we should be really ugly, just put ads where it is proven that people will see them.

12. bgamall profile image82
    bgamallposted 8 years ago

Hubpages here is an interesting article FYI:

http://tariksed.wordpress.com/2009/07/0 … g-banners/

working