What hubbers do/did intimidate you?

1. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

When I first joined hubpages I was almost scared to death of everyone - it seemed they all talked in a strange lingo involving terms such as "CTR, SEO, Backlinks, Hubscore".

However once I learnt it wasn't quite as scary. However I still find some hubbers a little intimidating -

Darkside - Because he always has short succinct answers that cut the crap and sum everything up.

Mark Knowles - Because his brain seems to work amazingly well and of course he keeps the religious forum in its place.

Nelle Hoxie - Just because she so rarely appears in the forums and everyone talks about her as if she is some kind of amazing money guru that occasionally ventures out from the cave in which she writes.

What hubbers do/did intimidate you?

2. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 6 years ago

None.  smile   When I was newer on here, I didn't come to the forums because I didn't really know anyone.  By the time I started doing more than asking a single, Hub-related, question - like - every several months, I'd already been around and didn't feel new or unfamiliar with any of "the whole picture".  It may be an age-related thing, though.  On the one hand, I'm kind of on the shy side as a person (only in some ways, though).  On the other hand, I'm old enough not to feel intimidated by too many people (unless I think they're a physical threat in offline life - in which case, "quake away").   smile

Besides, I've just always figure everyone on here is doing some version of the same thing I'm doing.  Some people have different areas of expertise; but I'm not intimidated by people who have expertise in an area I don't have.  It's nice that they do. 

Anyway, now you've seen that most people on here are nice, willing to try to be helpful, and just doing their own thing.   smile