How do you get yourself out of a bad mood?

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (35 posts)
  1. profile image0
    sarahsherlockposted 13 years ago

I seem to have been in a bad, irritable mood for the last two days and everything is annoying me or getting me down.

Tips for getting out of a bad mood needed. Please help (for my husband's sake at least)!

1. Pcunix profile image90
      Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Smile.  Seriously.  Forcing yourself to smile will improve your mood.

1. sofs profile image77
        sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

HA HA big_smile big_smile

2. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Listen to this  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=barLaHrtvoM  sing along, sing loud and you will feel much, much better I promise!  xoxoxo

3. EatLovePray profile image61
      EatLovePrayposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well..I sleep! Yep..thats what I do..and it really works. I'm usually in a bad mood..when I don't get enough sleep the day before..so..I just sleep in! lol.. if I get the change though! otherwise.. I take a shower.. and watch tv! smile cheers me up.

4. all_time_guy profile image59
      all_time_guyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

hmmmm to get outts bad mood i either goes in a park with beautiful flowers or i just thinks of best moments of my life. It will be great if you can touch a human baby or a dog puppy or even see them on videos. Its all about things you feel best, just think of them.

5. ofmelancholy profile image60
      ofmelancholyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

drinking greentea, listening meditation music or actually meditating.

2. luvpassion profile image62
    luvpassionposted 13 years ago

A couple green apple martinis. smile

3. profile image0
    sarahsherlockposted 13 years ago

I think a combination of both sound great!

4. ddsurfsca profile image70
    ddsurfscaposted 13 years ago

Do something that I have wanted to do for a very long time but have put it off for one reason or another, like the lack of cash.

5. Woman Of Courage profile image59
    Woman Of Courageposted 13 years ago

I sing or listen to my favorite gospel music.

6. ddsurfsca profile image70

watch the children play with the cats

7. bojanglesk8 profile image60
    bojanglesk8posted 13 years ago

Go for a long walk.

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I agree. getting outside in nature, walking, looking around and not consciously thinking about anything, can be therapeutic! sometimes if I'm inside too long, I start getting irritated.

plus

nothing is really worth getting too out of whack, just change your thoughts.. and sip the martini or a glass of red.

8. Ivorwen profile image65
    Ivorwenposted 13 years ago

Do something to help someone else.  I find really putting my heart and mind into it helps to take my focus off of me, and my mood improves in the process.

9. Greek One profile image64
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

http://tuscanytulsa.com/images/crown-royal.jpg

10. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Sex?

11. profile image0
    hamstersmessiahposted 13 years ago

i write poetry or create something like a drawing or photo image on my puter.

12. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 13 years ago

Bananas?

1. Greek One profile image64
      Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

there ya go again! tongue

13. ddsurfsca profile image70

behave like a child

14. profile image0
    1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Worked on me even when I was already feel good!
      That is a very funny video Sandra! lol

15. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 13 years ago

that's nice sandra. here's my favorite Steve Perry song/video..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrIvkS7t … r_embedded

or chill with Lemongrass~~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUjpIn0l … embedded#!

16. luvpassion profile image62
    luvpassionposted 13 years ago

Cheese! big_smile

17. profile image0

This one always makes me smile.  I must warn you it is Lilly Allen. big_smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg7jA-H-jMo

Not an attack on anyone just a song that makes me smile. big_smile

18. europewalker profile image80
    europewalkerposted 13 years ago

A big bag of m&ms

19. Lisa HW profile image62
    Lisa HWposted 13 years ago

My bad moods are usually related to stress, so I'll do one of a few things, depending on the time of day:

Either change the lighting to make it more calming, listen to music, light a tart burner with my favorite scent, and have as much light coffee or black tea as it takes until I feel a little better...

or

Go out in the fresh air and sun, go get that coffee out at an outside table somewhere, and just kind of stay by myself and enjoy the outside and the sun.

or

buy a nice little thing that doesn't cost a lot but that makes me happy

or

sleep (because some bad moods just come from the need for sleep

20. profile image0
    Surabhi Kauraposted 13 years ago

I would say, stay light, laugh often and love much smile

21. profile image0
    RFoxposted 13 years ago

Chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate....

1. sofs profile image77
      sofsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Do something that you enjoy paint or write off your bad mood or do something creative.
      In the first place you need get hold of your emotions than your emotions taking you fro a ride.  smile

22. fucsia profile image60
    fucsiaposted 13 years ago

I have a bad mood when I walk in nature, this is one thing that relaxes me and makes me feel at peace.

23. Ms Chievous profile image67
    Ms Chievousposted 13 years ago

Ask yourself what you are doing when you are not in a bad mood. and continue to do those things smile

24. calpol25 profile image59
    calpol25posted 13 years ago

Find something that makes me happy or smile either take a walk or watch a funny film.

25. profile image0
    ralwusposted 13 years ago

I usually look at this picture hanging on my wall of my good commie friend Misha. Works for me.
    http://s2.hubimg.com/u/619253_f260.jpg

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)