jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

End of First Week - 7 in 7 days - Is it Working?

1. 0
    gphoenixposted 6 years ago

I have posted 7 hubs in 7 days. I have looked around the advice in the forums. I would be grateful for advice.

The latest two I have edited show the direction I am going:

Thanks for the help.

2. Cagsil profile image82
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Welcome to HubPages!

I have reviewed your two hubs posted. I am not sure why you did it in the manner you did, referencing your layout.

However, it seems/appears that you're short on content. Not to a substandard level, but short. I'm not sure if you've spent any time reading other people's hubs, since you've written 7 hubs in 7 days.

So, I'll just give you a couple of suggestions.

(a) If you're here to make money, and Google adsense is one of those methods, then you'll want to make sure that your first text capsule has enough content in it, so as to trigger the prime real-estate ad that would come along side it.

(b) Break up your hub into sections using more text capsules. This will give you more places for Google adsense ads as well.

(c) Add more content.

You seem like you have a couple of topics that could do well. Please try to remember, HubPages isn't a blogger site. It's an article writing site with it's own platform for creating magazine size articles.

I hope that helped. smile

1. 0
      gphoenixposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you Cagsil, that was very helpful. I liked the distinction between a blogger and an article site. I'll go back and re-look at the content, I have plenty more, and consider the text break-up. Perhaps when I have done it on these two you might comment again. I'll let you know.

The only clarification that would help is that by more content you mean more depth to it, not necessariiy longer? I have targetted 800-1000 words, what do you think?

3. Kidgas profile image78
    Kidgasposted 6 years ago

Listen to Cagsil.  He speaks the truth.

1. Cagsil profile image82
      Cagsilposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you very much. smile

2. 0
      gphoenixposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you, Kidgas. I see you've been around for a while.