I Don't Want To Post Any More Hubs Until I'm Approved & Earn Something

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (39 posts)
  1. HoneyBB profile image91
    HoneyBBposted 11 years ago

Since Google AdSense hasn't approved me, my hubs aren't earning anything from anywhere. I've been told that ads show up on my page but that they belong to hubpages and I won't get paid for those. I guess hubpages is earning money off my hubs but I am not. Is this the case? I have other hubs I would like to share but I want my account problems to be resolved first so that I get paid for every click on it. I know that the money isn't much, but it's the principle, and I could really use any cent I can make.

1. WriteAngled profile image74
      WriteAngledposted 11 years agoin reply to this

With only five hubs, you are highly unlikely to be approved by Google. The guideline given to most people at present is a minimum of ten good hubs.

If you don't want to give away 100% ad earnings to the administration here, then you need to set up your own web site, populate it with a good quantity of quality content and use that as the basis for renewed applications to Google.

2. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Honey, unfortunately it's not that simple.  Google Adsense won't approve a writer with no track record.  Until you've created a portfolio, you've got no track record, so you won't get approved. 

If you really object to the principle of HubPages taking all the income for the next month or two, then you have an alternative:  start a blog and write, say, 20 or 30 posts, then use that to apply to Adsense.   Once you've got an Adsense account, you can use it anywhere you like (including HubPages) without asking Google's permission.

However, it's not as big a deal as you think.  Bear in mind, you can expect to make between $2 and $5 per 1,000 views.  How many thousands of views are you likely to have over the next few months?

3. janshares profile image94
      jansharesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

HoneyBB dont give up yet. I was right where you are, not wanting to waste a good hub if adsense wasn't straightened out. I had to let go of that thinking and just kept writing. It took time but I did get approved after about 3wks and 10+ hubs. But be careful what you wish for. I'm only making pennies. My
      understanding is that it will take even longer before I make enough to see a payout (6 months maybe?).

1. Sally's Trove profile image79
        Sally's Troveposted 11 years agoin reply to this

+1

4. Johnny2Balls profile image60
      Johnny2Ballsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Fight the power!!!

2. kathleenkat profile image83
    kathleenkatposted 11 years ago

You have to post more hubs to get approved...I had about 10 hubs before I was approved.

3. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

As I said in your other thread, if you are applying through hubpages, with just 5 hubs, the odds are you will never get approved.  They are looking for substantial content, so 10 hubs or more is a safer bet for getting approval.

4. profile image0
    Sarra Garrettposted 11 years ago

Keep writing HoneyBB don't give up so easily.  Let your creative juices flow.

5. Sally's Trove profile image79
    Sally's Troveposted 11 years ago

It takes a long time to make money here, especially if you don't have an AdSense account when you start and have to get one through HubPages. Patience is the name of the game.

And so is learning.

I took a look at your hubs, and although your topics are interesting and you have a good command of the language, you have a long way to go to take advantage of the tools HubPages has that will let you publish hubs that engage readers and eventually make you some money.

Read everything in the HP Learning Center. Read, read, read the hubs of those whom you admire. Watch how they structure their hubs, how they integrate words and images, how they use the video, table, and poll capsules.

Work hard to build a fan base. I see that people are starting to follow you, but you are not replying to their comments in your hubs. Address every one of those comments, even if it's with a simple "thank you." Those people are going to be promoting you in the future, if you show your appreciation for their effort.

You've been here for 7 days? See how you think about this in 7 months. It took me a year to start pulling in consistent money, and a good part of that first year was learning the ropes around here.

Don't quit.

1. janshares profile image94
      jansharesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That was helpful to me, too, Sally's Trove. I'd love a critique when you can spare a moment. Thanks.

6. SmartAndFun profile image93
    SmartAndFunposted 11 years ago

Take a big shot of Go-Go juice and you'll get 5 more hubs written in a jif.

HoneyBBposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Where do I get it?  LOL!  Thanks for the tip!  I was just laid off and getting a little anxious for some kind of income even it is just pennies. I keep getting rejections and Google Adsense was just one more. I think, I write a hub about it...lol!

1. Marisa Wright profile image86

In that case, I should inject a note of reality here.   Writing online is a long-term investment: what you write today, may not earn you much money until next year.  That's true whether you're writing here or on your own blog.   Some people achieve an income earlier than that, but they're either very lucky, or already experienced in SEO.

I guess what I'm saying is, if you need an income right now, don't think this is the answer - you'd be better off looking around the house for stuff to sell on eBay, or investigate writing articles for sale.   However, if you think you may be unemployed long-term, then you also need to build income longer-term, and that's where sites like HubPages come in.

If you're not working, it would be an ideal time to sign up for a free trial of the Keyword Academy (Google it).  You don't have to stay with it after your free trial expires, but the trial will give you a taste of how much you've got to learn and give you some good tools to start with.

Thanks Marisa, I realized that HubPages wasn't going put a gallon of milk on my table this month, or next, or the one after that. I was feeling anxious and wanted Google's approval just to make me feel better. That was excellent advise and great tips on what I could do from here. I will definitely look into the things you suggested. I really appreciate the time you took to let me know about them. I feel much better now.

7. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

If you need immediate money I would suggest looking into paid forum posting while you build up your hubs. That was the only way I found to come up with shorter term cash.

Thanks! I will definitely look into the paid forum postings. Is that something that Hubpages offers or should I google Paid Forum Postings? I'm not really sure how to get involved in that.

1. profile image58
        Robin Thomas Eposted 11 years agoin reply to this

When it comes to paid to post forums, let me remind that there are plenty of them. You may make an average $0.04 - $0.10 per post, and you may be able to make some $5-$10 depending on the hours you out. It wont be article writing, and certainly shall be time consuming.

If you can create quality content, you may want to look at PostLoop

Thanks Robin,

I have become pretty content here for now. I spend a lot of time working on this site. I appreciate the advice and when I'm feeling a need to branch out again, I will look into that.  I appreciate your response!

1. profile image58

Glad to be of help!

Have you got approval from Adsense ?

Yes, I've made $1.78 so far!  I'm so proud!!  LOL!

1. profile image58

Great work! Keep doing it and you shall be easily making thousands each month! :-)

Knowing SEO is an added advantage when it comes to earning on Hub pages, especially Keyword Research, and contrary to what people say, its not just tools.

I don't even know what SEO stands for....lol.

1. profile image58

Search Engine Optimization!

Where do you get the traffic for your hubs? From Hubpages itself?

2. Marisa Wright profile image86

Did I advise you to sign up for the free trial of Keyword Academy?  You'll find out what SEO is there.  And you really, really, really need to know, if you want to make any money at all online, anywhere, including HubPages. Trust me on this.

8. WriteAngled profile image74
    WriteAngledposted 11 years ago

You say on your profile that you enjoy taking care of children. Might that not be an avenue for you to explore, either providing day-time or after-school care in your own home or looking after children of working parents in their own homes? 

Another line might be to look at various affiliate schemes which have you going round pre-school groups selling books and educational toys.

Just a thought.

Thanks! I have already signed up for a nanny job site and I have been trying to find babysitting positions near me. However, I live in a rural area so finding those positions take a little time. What is going on with my employee is more complicated than me just being laid off but I can't get into that right now. I appreciate your suggestions. It's refreshing to have people who take the time to try to help you out. Thanks again! :>)

"employer"

9. WriteAngled profile image74
    WriteAngledposted 11 years ago

Another avenue might be to explore whether you could offer anything on http://fiverr.com/

Dig around the categories, there are all sorts of things being offered. I know the less that $5 per job after the site takes its cut is not a lot. However, you may be able to hit on something wantable  and fairly original (less competition), which does not require an excessive amount of time in relation to the earnings obtained.

There are also a number of freelance sites, where you might be able to sell a service if you can write, proofread, edit, translate, design web sites, etc. etc.

Ebay selling could be extended outside of things in your home for only a little investment if you trawl charity shops (are those what US people mean when they talk about thrift stores?), garage sales etc. You could even experiment with buying up things on ebay itself that have been poorly advertised and given wrong or mispelled descriptions, fuzzy photos, set with the sale ending at an awkward time and then resell them at a higher price.

Wow!  Those are all great suggestions and I will look into all of them. By the way, I would say "charity shops" and "thrift stores" are one and the same. Hugs to you!

1. monisays2u profile image60
        monisays2uposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Now you have 15 hubs has your google adsense account passed???

10. henricamt5 hubpag profile image38
    henricamt5 hubpagposted 11 years ago

what are you doing

11. Arielqiao profile image59
    Arielqiaoposted 11 years ago

If you don't publish hubs,how can you be approved?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)