Can I quit my day job and work 8 hours a day for 30 days and earn enough to make

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (24 posts)
  1. free4india profile image59
    free4indiaposted 14 years ago

Can I quit my day job and work 8 hours a day for 30 days and earn enough to make a living?

May be in the long run one may earn more, but my question is ..... if from the first day if I put effort for 8 days...... will I get a decent earning to quit my day job with  my first month on hubpages if I write about 4-5 hubs daily ?

2. aidenofthetower profile image68
    aidenofthetowerposted 14 years ago

MSKing is right that it is doubtful that you will earn enough to replace a very large salary. Plus it often takes two to three months to see your earnings from Hubpages start to show up. It is a very dangerous idea to quit your job before you have consistent proof that your online work will support you.

3. kjebud profile image56
    kjebudposted 14 years ago

Whatever you do, retain your day job first!

You have to understand how hubpages work. You make money when people click on Google ads. (Trust me, adsense is simpler than Amazon or ebay - all it takes is just a click) but you do not have control over what kind of ads that will appear on your hub. Thus, the income fluctuates. I can tell you from my own experience. Sometimes, I get $2 (a good day). A bad day would be $0 to $0.01. Don't make a rash decision! You will regret it later. I hate my day job as well but I still have to work for the money...

4. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

If you want to make money writing for Hubpages online, check out my guide on how to make money with Hubpages and my Hubpages Money Making Guide!   Quitting you day job is something that millions of people dream of every single day.  Fortunately for... read more

5. JonSterling profile image61
    JonSterlingposted 14 years ago

I do so badly want to quit my day job - but it's not prudent or financially sound to do this right now - look at your hubpages as plants - you create x amount of hubs (quickly) and get about 8-10 good backlinks to each hub via places like ezinearticles.com and various other article directories with some good link juice.

Probably need to create about 400 hubpages with good paying niche keywords (the best are related to human suffering and healing) - do this this as quickly and correctly as possible. I would love to do 10 hubs a day for 40 days. If you do all of the above. Then in about 60-90 days you will see some serious coin coming in with Adsense, Amazon, and Ebay affiliates.

You will then have an MBA in online income (Massive Bank Account).

6. retireyoung profile image60
    retireyoungposted 14 years ago

I just wrote a hub on this very question.  I quit my job to work on my websites and blogs full-time.  For me I didn't get a huge jump earnings with the extra time I had working just on my sites. 

Until you have an established income from your blogs/hubs/websites it is better to keep working at your job and just working on your internet sites in a part-time capacity.

7. advernation profile image58
    advernationposted 14 years ago

you wouldnt make it just with hub pages, you will need to do so much more then just writing a few hubs a day, the ways are out there just be creative

8. wizno profile image60
    wiznoposted 14 years ago

Nike says it best: Just Do It!

Can you work 8 hours a day for 30 days and earn some money? Yes you can. But there's a lot of failure you have to go through before you see the success in what you do.

Is it really possible to make a full time income online? YES, without a doubt.

What will you have to do? Dedicate yourself to working on your hubs/blogs/websites. It's NOT OVERNIGHT SUCCESS, but the work you put into it will pay off in the long run.

Work HARD on some websites and hubs for a year or two (if you're greedy :-D ) and you will see money coming in that will make you smile.

9. earner profile image83
    earnerposted 14 years ago

This is a question that is often asked at Hubpages.  Can I Quit My Job and Work Online to Earn a Living With Hubpages?  I'd say ... read more

10. Awesome Writer profile image60
    Awesome Writerposted 14 years ago

Simple and short answer, yes, you can but not right away. You first have to make the online income work and pretty much have an income that you can predict. Then, as most self employed people do you put money as a backup for the rainy day. And keep working until you reach your goal income level. How fast you can become successful certainly depends on how fast you bounce back from problems, failures, challenges etc....And it also depends on how tenacious and courageous you are. Don't believe in such things as "you can never depend on online income" as with any other business or even employment there is no guarantee in life. However, as much as you take chances with your employment, you should have even a better trust with the business you build for yourself. Just remember it does take time and it's not only the hubs you should do. You may have to do more. Good luck. I'm answering this in addition to the hub I did based on your question. Thanks for the inspiration.

11. Marisa Wright profile image86
    Marisa Wrightposted 14 years ago

No.  You'll find it takes two or three months for your Hubs to start earning decent income, and their earning potential improves more and more as time goes by. 

If you build up a portfolio of good Hubs, you might be able to look forward to making a living off their passive income in a year or two - but not today.

12. advisor4qb profile image77
    advisor4qbposted 14 years ago

I wouldn't make any rash moves like that.  I have been doing this for several months, and my earnings are minimal.  I suppose you could write articles on targeted higher-earning keywords and get more, but wait until that happens before jumping into or out of anything!

13. Suzanne Alicie profile image59
    Suzanne Alicieposted 14 years ago

30 days might give you a good start but I definitely wouldn't quit my job without knowing what to expect. I wrote a hub about making a living by writing online, and one of the main points is that it does not happen overnight, it takes time. If you check it out I am sure you will probably get some idea of what to expect.

14. LazarDRod profile image61
    LazarDRodposted 14 years ago

I would keep my job and do some hubpages work on the side. There's not really a lot of money here unless you're making lots and lots of hubs.

15. kkinfy profile image59
    kkinfyposted 14 years ago

Hi, The answer could be either YES or NO depending upon your attitude. If you really do want to quit your day job, you can go ahead, but make sure that you have some kind of financial back up . Also you should assess yourself if you are a person who woudn't get frustrated easily if you fail to achieve your goal in predicted time.
    If there is some doubt on your mind on whether you can sustain any forthcoming financial and mental pressure, the answer would be big NO.

16. WA Christopher J. profile image69
    WA Christopher J.posted 13 years ago

I've noticed that this question was asked 10 months ago. Any progress? Did you end up quitting your day job?

If you need a new lead in making money on Hubpages, check out my eBook review of "How To Live Anywhere". It just might have what you're looking for.

17. DeAd Dolls Inc profile image59
    DeAd Dolls Incposted 13 years ago

Sadly, No.

Reason for this is simple. Before you can go and boldly Quit your day job to solely focus on your Hubs, Blogs, And Websites you have to be established both in creating good Hubs and allowing for a couple of months for traffic to build up for them.

You can yes, build Hubs Blog And Websites with high paying keywords from Google Adsense ad Units and other Publisher Programs but as from experience nothing is over night and everything takes time. I've built over 30 hubs so far and been @ this for over a couple of months  now working on my Hubs while working my day job and have seen little improvement day by day.

So in closing, make hubs with good quality write until your heart gives out and over time you'll see traffic good click through rates and maybe just maybe one day you can get up look your boss in the eye and say "I Quit" I know for myself I dream about that day when I can solely live off my Google Adsense and other publisher programs I am apart of.

I wish you the best of luck
    -DD

18. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

I hope my response is still timely.  I gather from the ones who are earning a lot here that it took them years -- learning what works and what doesn't work for them. Don't quit your job until you are sure that you are earning that much. In my own opinion, earnings here is just supplementary from another major source of income. Good luck.

19. Shakespril profile image60
    Shakesprilposted 13 years ago

Of course, you can...

But you have to work harder.

20. sandun81 profile image60
    sandun81posted 13 years ago

Don't take quick decisions. Wait and see how it goes. if you are confident that you can depend on Hub pages take the decision.

But be careful, If your adsense account get banned due to some reason, you might be in a trouble.

21. BaliMermaid profile image58
    BaliMermaidposted 13 years ago

Don'g quit that day job yet. Follow the advice given here by other hubbers. Get things started first and by the end of 6 months to a year you will know what is going to be possible for you and your style of content production.

22. nthdimension profile image60
    nthdimensionposted 13 years ago

The smartest thing you could possibly do, would be to keep your day job and continue to work on hubs and other such things part time until you get a feel for how it all works. When you quit your job you create a situation in which you need it all to work right now, and need it to generate income now, but web content doesn't work like that, it takes time for articles to age, it takes time for you to build enough content, and it takes time for you to learn the right way to go about everything. Quitting your job would just put you under pressure. You would feel like you had to get everything done immediately and you would eventually crack under the pressure and get nothing done. In addition, you will find that having an income from a job puts you in a better position to outsource certain aspects of your business.

23. lejonkung profile image62
    lejonkungposted 12 years ago

No! It will take a few months before you will start earning at all, the first month you will only make pennies

24. Stephen Crowley profile image60
    Stephen Crowleyposted 12 years ago

initially thats what i did and while i was glad, it cost me - i lost my flat and found debt on the way. I thought i had a sound plan but it was naieve. I had not actually planned the finances. The plan needs the business to show how to source work and charge for it. You need to plan your hours, and establish how much you need each month. If you cant find the freelance work yet or your sites need time, you are not ready to leave. Quit your job only when you can start a plan that gives a steady income, can be less if possible, but dont leave if you have no idea on how to make money. http://stephencrowley.hubpages.com/hub/ … nd-Survive

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)