jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

How to get Hub into a high rank with Google?

1. Specialk3749 profile image60
    Specialk3749posted 6 years ago

I have a seasonal hub that was in #1 position with Google last year.  I searched it and cannot find it now.  What do I need to do to get it back up there?  Change or update my hub somehow?  Any tips?  Thanks!

2. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 6 years ago

When you say seasonal, do you mean something that was a one of wonder - such as a 2009 new release or something that won't continue to get views?

Specialk3749posted 6 years ago in reply to this

It was a Christmas hub, so it wasn't searched all year long.

3. Spacey Gracey profile image71
    Spacey Graceyposted 6 years ago

If it is seasonal like Halloween or Christmas you might be able to resurrect it with some fresh content and a couple of new backlinks.

Yes, that is what it was....a Christmas hub.  I did go back and add a bit of content, but I wasn't sure if I needed to do anything else.  Backlinks sound good!

4. itsandreawilson profile image80
    itsandreawilsonposted 6 years ago

first of all, you mentioned that you can't find it, so here's a tool that will help you:

http://www.seoserp.com/web_tools/google … hecker.asp

simply put in your keyword(s) and the domain you want to find and search and it will tell you what position you're in

This sounds like a great tool!  Thanks, I will try it out.!

I used this tool and found my hub at position #22 on Google.  That was fun!  I am going to do some of my other hubs now.

2. Deni Edwards profile image90
      Deni Edwardsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for this info!

5. MM Del Rosario profile image80
    MM Del Rosarioposted 6 years ago

I have a lot of seasonal hubs,e.g. Christmas... they pick up again and if you have a few of them it is good to write a capstone hub and do a back link.

Thank you for the tips.  I thought that it might pick up again.  I was also thinking about doing another one with similar content and do some linking between the two.  Thanks again!

working