jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Is a page range of 2 on google good?

1. David 470 profile image87
    David 470posted 6 years ago

I have not really tried to find that many of my hubs on google, but one of my exercise hubs has PR2. Is this good? I think its cool I wrote something thats fairly general and I can find it easy...

1. tritrain profile image78
      tritrainposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It's fine.  It's just a gauge, like a 'pat' on the back.  It doesn't tend to mean much otherwise.

2. 0
      TopUniverseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It is a matter of getting traffic. Are you getting regular traffic to that hub? If yes no need to worry else you need to do something to get it ranked well.

1. David 470 profile image87
        David 470posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yeah I get traffic to it consistently, but its not like 20-50 a day or anything. I could see more potential for it, but yes it does get traffic regularly

2. MyWebs profile image84
    MyWebsposted 6 years ago

A PageRank 2, or PR2, is alright. I have written a hub that explains PageRank in depth if you wish to understand how it works better.

While PR isn't nearly as important as it once was it IS still a factor used by the big G to determine who gets ranked where on the SERP's.

3. Ultimate Hubber profile image80
    Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago

Due to the high pagerank of this website and an amazing internal linking system, it is easy to have a PR of 2.

4. thisisoli profile image73
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

yep, getting to PR2 is not too hard, but remember it does go up to 10.

The good news is that PR does not matter a huge amount, it is only one indication of the quality of a page, and there are many.

5. Pcunix profile image89
    Pcunixposted 6 years ago

If you are going to think about PR at all, I think it is more useful to look at it relative to your other hubs and to pages of similar content and age.

So, if most of your hubs are PR 1 or less, that PR 2 is great. If most are 3 or 4, not so good (unless it is much younger, of course).

Moving outward, if you Google the terms that should turn up your page, look at the PR of the pages you found, if they are higher (probably will be), how old are they relative to yours?  If the same age and they are all 3 and 4, you aren't doing as well - at PR, anyway. 

But that may be completely unimportant. I have a PR 2 page that earns me at least $100 every month and has been doing so for years,  I have PR 4 pages that might take a year to earn that much. For that and other reasons, I never even look at PR until the subject comes up in a conversation like this.

6. starme77 profile image85
    starme77posted 6 years ago

i think ... yup ... pretty good smile