jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How long for your hub to appear in hubpages search results?

1. Peter-Jan Celis profile image61
    Peter-Jan Celisposted 5 years ago

When I try to search for my own hubs in the search box on this site, I don't see them appearing in the search results.

How long does it take for the hubpages.com crawler to index your hubs?

2. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

I'm not too sure about that but I wouldn't worry - that's fairly immaterial.

What you should be asking is "How long before google indexes my hubs and sends me search engine traffic?"

And the answer is... it depends on your topic and keywords.

Search engine traffic is the traffic that brings money, so you need to learn how to write for it...

3. prettydarkhorse profile image65
    prettydarkhorseposted 5 years ago

search exact title

4. travel_man1971 profile image76
    travel_man1971posted 5 years ago

I agree with prettydarkhorse...search the exact title. You can search it on Google search (remember the SEO thing?). If your title appears at the first page of the search, then, you're lucky. Good luck!big_smile

5. Peter-Jan Celis profile image61
    Peter-Jan Celisposted 5 years ago

Although the question was about hubpages.com internal search and while I did search for my exact title, I noticed Google hasn't indexed me yet too so I guess hubpages relies on Google for search.

6. jaymelee23 profile image65
    jaymelee23posted 5 years ago

Peter - sometimes it takes a little longer to find certain hubs than others. When I wrote my first handful of hubs, it took a bit. Add some RSS feeds in your hubs of your other hubs and submit your RSS feed (on your profile) to a few RSS sites. It will be much quicker. Another thing is that sometimes Google finds pages but doesn't immediately cache them (index)so just keep writing hubs and do what I said above and then your hubs will get indexed faster. You can also social bookmark your hubs on some sites too to get them indexed quick. Reddit.com and a few others help.