jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (11 posts)

The Internet and your social life. Do they clash?

1. Aisla profile image81
    Aislaposted 5 years ago

I have been away from hub pages for a while and, YES, i really missed it and glad to be back.
    Why did i leave? I found that the internet was taking over for my need to be a part of society.
    I missed feeling the air on my face and my ass was expanding.
    So after a few months of running i am back with a smaller ass and and a fresher face.
    I have realised the importance of moderation. Mix it, enjoy the internet but remember that there is so much to experience through the old fashion routes.
    How much do you depend on the net for fun,happiness, excitement and what do you do otherwise. Feel free to inspire others with your stories.

2. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 5 years ago

What's a social life??

1. Aisla profile image81
      Aislaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Good question. You've just managed to prove me wrong here.
      I made a bet with my friend that i could come up with a topic that would be ignored...........FAILED!!
      I guess i'm bored i need to go for a run.
      Thankyou for responding anyway.

3. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 5 years ago

Gosh I am so sorry - I had no idea you had a bet on! Hope it wasn't monetary.
    I hate seeing posts that get no responses. It seems to happen to me a lot sad

4. wychic profile image79
    wychicposted 5 years ago

I can feel the wind on my face at any time...I'll just take my laptop outside tongue. That said, I've never been an overly social person, so working full-time on the internet has been pretty much an ideal job for me. Luckily, I'm also a fairly high-energy person, so there's rarely a day that I can do my work and then do something else that's just sitting around -- I have to walk, run, work out, do SOMETHING! Generally I'll call a friend or my mom to come for a walk with me and I will socialize with that chosen person, but I never really feel the need to "mingle with the crowd," so to speak.

5. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 5 years ago

Social life? *Off to visit dictionary.com*

6. beautyrose profile image61
    beautyroseposted 5 years ago

you been away for health reasons maybe. But i have been away for love reasons lols

7. manicmusicfan profile image61
    manicmusicfanposted 5 years ago

Living in the country, it actually helps out with my social life.
    Almost every week, my friends will organize something to do, which i wouldn't hear about without the internet.

Starcraft 2, on the other hand......

8. quicksand profile image85
    quicksandposted 5 years ago

The Internet is addictive and so are HubPages! You never realize how time flies when you are online! smile

9. 0
    Home Girlposted 5 years ago

I do not have a social life. I just work - sleep, work - sleep. I have to steal time for HubPages!

10. Bill Manning profile image71
    Bill Manningposted 5 years ago

I work totally on the net at home so yes, I agree it takes away from your social life. However I don't do facebook, online games or any of that crap.

I just work online, maybe watching a few videos. I try to take a walk every day and I go out and do one thing a day, like getting food or something.

That gets my butt out of the house and gives me breaks that I need. Going to the theme parks down here to take pictures and videos for my websites helps too! smile