jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Copy & Paste from other sites

1. joaojeronimo profile image59
    joaojeronimoposted 8 years ago

I heard that people were copying and pasting information from other sites and making Hubs out of them... Is this true ? Is it worth it ? Do they really get money from doing that ?

1. SunSeven profile image62
      SunSevenposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Its not entertained here. Sooner or later they will be flagged and penalized. smile
      Best Regards

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 8 years ago

Well, it is against HubPages terms of service and the real author can also file a copyright infringement claim against you, they might even sue you if they are that serious about it. So, I would say no,  it's not worth it.

3. joaojeronimo profile image59

Even if you mention the source ?
    I saw a blog saying that many people make hubs with Wikipedia content and mention the source..
    Thanks for the replies so far smile

4. CherylAnne Nelson profile image60
    CherylAnne Nelsonposted 8 years ago

I would not recommend it.  I think it is okay if you discuss a subject you found info on from another site and then give the source, but to outright copy and paste is unethical.  That's my opinion anyway.

5. thranax profile image60
    thranaxposted 8 years ago

You may use a part from theres. Like quotes from it, paragraphs backing something up, etc as long as you give source information and a link to it. This is ok, it's used mostly in articles, reports etc. It's under writing rights. Copying whole articles or using mostly there content is wrong and should not be done, for that you can get sued for it.

Wikipedia articles aren't made by one person. Its a collection of sources and people editing them. Anyone can make something on Wikipedia like this. Therefore you might need to read the Wikipedia TOS and other information. I think copying a whole article from Wikipedia is wrong, but it might be allowed-there are loopholes in everything.

^That doesn't change the fact you could be penalized on Hubpages because of it.

What you can do it make your OWN original article about the subject on Hubpages and go to other sites like Printnpost I think that allow ALL Articles, even if you already have it posted somewhere. It's never best to do this, change them a bit and thats more comforting. Because Hubpages states all content you upload is your property, you can post it anywhere you want as well as Hubpages.

Hope this helps,

6. joaojeronimo profile image59

Sure it's unethical, there's no doubt about it.
    Thanks for the advice guys smile It did help a lot... (not that I was planing to ripoff all wikipedia here lol... just wanted to know if people who do that also get money because of it lol)